[Feature Request] Arp Chord mode, but rhythmic (like Arp Mode?)

Hello,

Maybe I’m a bit old-fashioned, but I’m still using the “old” synthesizers that have Chord as an Arp mode. Yes, that lets you play rhythmic chords triggered by the arpeggiator. Very useful for Retro Pop, italo disco, etc., and styles that require pulsating chords.

Now in MiniFreak there’s only “Poly,” which basically just plays straight the time division set for Arp. No rhythmic programming ability that follows the chord input, which it should do, right?

My vote goes to this feature; I hope it will find its audience. I’d be glad if you vote for it, too.

Thanks.

Hi @SoftSynthM ,

You do have such a feature in MiniFreak V.

  1. Activate the ARP.
  2. Activate Poly in the Arpeggiator menu.

Beside this MiniFreak also have modulators like the Cycle Envelope anf the LFO’s.
The LFO shaper can even be used to create advanced patterns.

Beside that the sequencer can be set to play multiple notes i a sequence, that play when you play a single note.

Also if you only use a single chord, then you can use the chord mode and play a single note having the ARP engaged.

I don’t know how many old synths that had/ have the Chord+ARP option you mention to repeat multiple played notes instead of only one note at a time.
Using the LFO shaper in MiniFreak V offer many more pattern possibilities.

Well, as I mentioned, the Arp option you describe is just a raw repeating straight pulse. No per-step on/off—unless you go through an LFO route. That’s not the same thing.

But I guess they built it so purposefully; nevertheless, it is a great piece of gear, and software & hardware integration is one of the best (if not THE best) for such a concept today.

But if Arturia decides to expand it with a real Arp Chord mode in the next firmware, they have my vote!

Thanks.

Hi again @SoftSynthM ,

Look like you see my image and noticed the first option and guide i mentioned. The feature you want is already there. (The green arrow in the image show the button.)
(But the feature can even be more advanced than a straight on beat pulse, if you want it to.)

Just to be fair, the LFO route you described can pretty much solve all my rhythmic requirements, working as an Arp Chord trigger with volume On/Off. But maybe I’m a bit spoiled after using older hardware synthesizers with Arp setup logic for so long :laughing:

On the other hand, simply adding a second oscillator tuned a fifth in, and creating a sequence, is a feasible workaround.

That is basically a polyphonic note repeat, nothing to do with an Arp Chord mode—unless you combine it with a step LFO feature.

Unless you can show me how I can create rhythmic chord patterns with it without using the step LFO.

It will play/ repeat the notes/ chord you play without using a LFO. Have you tried?