[Feature/Improvement Request] Cyclic Envelope behaviour from logarithmic to linear to exponential

At the moment there are only 2 settings for the cycling envelope for rise and fall: linear and percussive. It would make sense to have a third option or a seamless transition from logarithmic to linear to exponential, or vice versa, depending on whether it is a rise or fall.

If, for example, you want to use the cyclic envelope to make the pitch fall SLOWLY after releasing the key (Cyclic Envelope → Pitch 12 and Osc1+2 -12 semitones down), it quickly becomes clear that even the highest value of 100 for Fall is still too fast. Here (and certainly in hundreds of other cases) a logarithmic progression would provide a remedy.

To do this, the Shift+Rise/Fall behaviour would simply have to be supplemented by another curve and the middle (value 50 and ONLY the value 50) would mean a linear progression of the curve.

Hi @PhonicGate

We’ll keep this marked as a feature request for you so our team are aware of it.

HTH!

1 Like

I have just discovered that, according to the manual, this is the behaviour that already exists. However, it is not shown accordingly in the display, so one could assume that it is not, as happened in my case.

Yeah I’m a bit surprised you can’t control the rise and fall curves of MiniFreak (V)'s envelopes in more flexible, continuous fashion like we can with Pigments.

I can’t help think its either a glaring oversight or an missed opportunity.

I don’t care how many people or bots try to talk me into pigments. As long as Arturia doesn’t fix the sometimes serious bugs in MiniFreak described here in the forum, they won’t see another cent from me.