Envelope Release Knob - Phantom adjustments and delayed response

I just picked up a MiniFreak that was on a scratch and dent sale from an online retailer.

I’m having one minor issue. The Release knob in the Envelope section is registering “phantom” adjustments (i.e. I’m not touching the knob, but the synth is showing the Release being adjusted on screen). This happens randomly, and can make doing real adjustments frustrating because the screen keeps jumping to the Release adjustment.

Further, when I do actually turn the Release knob, the adjustments change VERY slowly. I can turn the knob fast, and sometimes the adjustment will register quickly, but sometimes the adjustment registers like there is a delay in turning the knob. I’m also sometimes unable to get the adjustment of the delay down to 0 or 100. It may stop at some random integer like 5 while the knob is turned all the way to the left, or 93 when the knob is turned all the way to the right.

Is there something wrong with the knob? Or is there some setting somewhere that I need to change to get the function back to “normal”? Is there any way to calibrate?

Hi @sundevil98 and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum.

Yeah that does sound like a dodgy pot/encoder.

I think it would be worth it for you log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation.

Best :zap:

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest from Arturia.

Thanks @matjones! - I have created a ticket: #915839

1 Like

@sundevil98

Hopefully they’ll be with you soon after the holidays!