Downtempo track - The Sound of your Mind

Chill-out / downtempo track - The Sound of your Mind.

I made this track a few years back but recently put some video to it. I have tried remixing/remastering but lost the vibe I liked, so kept the original.

5 Likes

Nice track and video.

1 Like

A lovely tune. I enjoyed that. Would like to know some production notes like what inspired the track and sounds you chose for it. There’s sort of a melodica type sound in there , melodicas are great. I recently bought a nice Hammond one. This reminds me a bit of AIR which I love.

1 Like

Thank you for listening.
It was actually inspired by Air and Zero7, so was nicely surprised when it was likened to Air (one of my favourite duos).
I started with the electric piano and main melody that runs throughout. Maybe the melodica is the legacy korg MS-20 (I tend to use the Arturia version nowadays). I added some classical instruments and built the track around those two ideas. The middle quiet repeat is a tape echo with warble and flutter that naturally distorts on decay before the piano comes in.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

@Sound_Mechanics_SD

NIce track mate! Zero7 was the first thing to pop into my mind, or rather Zero7 before their last album (on which they seem to have lost their way somewhat).

VERY nice track indeed… keep 'em coming! :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Thought I’d give it a quick watch/listen, not expecting to listen to more than a couple of mins.

Very very good, I ended up watching it all, really nice tune and the video fits very well

1 Like

Thanks for taking a listen and glad you made it right through :grin:

Very nice. I am getting a Lalo Schifrin vibe circa Dirty Harry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

‘Lalo Schifrin vibe circa Dirty Harry’ - Interesting… I’ll have to check that out.

1 Like

You won’t be disappointed!

Lalo Schifirin has written so many amazing film soundtracks over the years.

1 Like

Hmmmmm…very cool.

For a guy my age, it is reminiscent of 70’s cinema. Yet it also has some cool, “today” touches…

Emotional, and visual.

Kudos!!

1 Like

Thanks for taking a listen, 70’s cinema,… yes, I see what you mean. I do like films from that era :slightly_smiling_face:

In just my humble opinion -

Before all the capabilities offered by modern F/X, the Films of the past, really depended upon Story, rather than explosions, quick-paced camera movements, and all the CG F/X, that has overrun Cinema. Those older Films also depended heavily upon the accompanying soundtrack.
Some of the greatest films ever made, are from that era (30’s -early to mid 80’s) again, in my opinion. The music in those films, were actually what helped make those films “iconic”- such as:

The Ten Commandments
The Godfather
2001 A Space Odyssey
The Sting
James Bond Theme, and Thunderball
Star Wars
Jeremiah Johnson
Back to The Future
Shaft
Wizard of Oz
Charlie and The Chocolate Factory
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
High Plains Drifter
etc etc etc

There are exceptions of course -such as The Lord of The Rings, and many others - contemporary Films that embody that “Old School” feel and vibe -even the soundtracks…

1 Like