Differences in MiniLab Mk1 Controllers - Need Insights!

Hello fellow MiniLab Mk1 users,

I’m reaching out to this community in hopes of gaining some clarity regarding two MiniLab Mk1 controllers I own. I’ve been using one for a while, and I recently acquired another second-hand. However, I’ve observed some distinct differences between the two:

1. The bottom of the newly acquired unit is different. The screws are silver in color, and both the position and type of rubber feet vary from my original one.
  2. The MOD and Pitch control strips on the new unit have a glossy finish.
  3. The keys on the new unit seem more rounded and appear to have a slightly greater thickness.
  4. The coloration of the recently acquired unit is slightly more yellowed compared to my original one, which has remained white.

I’m curious to know if anyone else has come across such variations in their MiniLab Mk1 units. Are these differences typical for certain batches or versions? Or is there a chance that the unit I bought might not be genuine?

I’ve attached photos of the controller I’ve been using (labeled as 1) and the newly acquired one (labeled as 2) for reference.

Any insights or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @EarMaze and welcome to our Sound Explorers Forum

I know that from time to time Arturia does slightly revise some things in their hardware line, possibly to improve reliability/longevity or the production process of the device in question. It’s just likley it’s a case of this.

Of course if other forum members wish to contribute, then please do! :sunglasses:

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest news from Arturia.