Convert Polybrute Midi CC to anoterS

Hello everyone,
I own a polybrute with Cubase 11 in DAW, but I’m stalling on a question:

I want to drive my Waldorf Pulse.2 + My uno synth pro with my PolyBrute.
Not ok or TWO CC’s… but a lot for many paramaters…

Of course, CCs are not the same… Cutoff = 27 for the Poly, against 35 for the UNO…

Solution: the midi plugin “miditransformer” in cubase… = horrible…
4 lines of commands for a single CC… Means 48 lines to drive the 4 points of each of the 3 Polyb envelopes to the Waldorf… arfff… :cry:

Do you have any tips ? Or do you know of any plug-ins or products that can do this?

I see it as a midi plugin with a GUi where there would be buttons, faders etc… that you click and affect CC in then CC out…

A bit like arturia’s BeatStep and its Midi Control Center …
Any ideas or suggestions?

Best regards,

Gaëtan.

Hey @gm.rixes it’s nice to see you here!

Thanks for sharing this topic, hopefully someone from our amazing community may be able to help you.

Best :zap:

Hi,

Is’nt it possible to change your keyboards midi mappings internally so the parameters you wish to corecspond between the applications have the same midi cc? Would’nt that be easiest no matter what?

I’ve allready think about it before writting here, but thanks for your suggestion :wink:
I’ve got all synths midi’s implementation, I just need the right tool to to it !

And non, the Polybrute don’t to that and my destination hardware synth not too…

Usually Synths aren’t built to be flexible MIDI Controllers so you’ll rarely see a Synth have deep MIDI CC (re)mappings either on the output or on input, as you discovered by yourself already .

So, if you DAW can’t do this remapping by itself (that’s where script-enabled DAWs like Reason, Live, Bitwig or Reaper I think are great for these things) then you’ll have to rely middle-ware.

I mainly use Reason, so I never needed this because I build my own Remote Codecs/Maps but searching for “VST MIDI mapper” I found a few hits.

Have you checked any of those besides “miditransformer” ?

Usually Synths aren’t built to be flexible MIDI Controllers so you’ll rarely see
a Synth have deep MIDI CC (re)mappings either on the output or on input,
as you discovered by yourself already

Yes, I bought my polybrute for itself , he’s own sound BUT @ this stage of price in 2023…
And it’s a flag-ship :DDD

This synth must have this kind of features.
May be a Page in the VST editor to allow remapping / scpitps etc…
I talk about this with Andrés from Arturia who says that should be transmetted to the dev team.
I also suggest Polybrute templates and all Arturias hardware in EACH of the VSTi synth that arturia made.

I’ts stupid to have to remap each time you load a vsti from the brand…

I mainly use Reason
I used to few years ago, but i’m more creative / efficeient with cubase.
Hard to change habits :wink:

Thank you for your suggestions, I’ll check

Have you checked any of those besides “miditransformer”

Of course and I found some crappy things as this don’t USE, it crashes your ASIO PERF):

Et very interesting / no CPU charge but hard to set up :

Once your polybrute / other hard stuff with knobs are “routed” only the destination needs to be.
Also, taht created presets files xml, so you can “script” with the good line / the good cc. with a good text editor

It’s not free :cry: but it’s the most usefull I meet for the moment…
Hope it’s help the other too !

Thanks again for your answers , the program you send seems more simple that can be a good thing, i’ll try tomorow ! :+1:

Regards, Gaëtan.

1 Like