[Confirmed] Maybe a Bug in keysplits on 2.0

I’m getting a weird split behavior, I submitted a ticket as well but thought I’d share here in case others are having the same issue (or someone can tell me if I’m just doing it wrong!)
Set up a split with the new Jazz Upright Bass softbass (Sampler) and a Rhodes on the right side.
Set keysplits like so: part 1 C-2 to E3 – part 2 F3 - G8
Set Octave Transpose on part 1 to -1
The bass part is doubled by an octave instad of transposed.

Hmmm… I’m trying the same settings on AstroLab 2.0, and it is working as expected.

2 Likes

HI @MorganTheCatMom

Sorry to hear you’re having issues there, i don’t have an AL myself or have access to one so can’t really chip in, i do know that @Sean_W ‘knows his onions’ as we say here, you’ve already submitted a ticket too, so i’d hang on for support to get back to you.
Good idea to keep an idea on this thread too though of course.

HTH!

1 Like

Thanks Sean, it’s consistently reproducible on my astrolab37 with 2.0, I will see what tech support says. My analog lab has gotten to be a bit of a mess, I am planning on reinstalling everything and will redo the 2.0 update after this weekend and see if that resolves it too.

Here’s what tech support said:

This is a known behavior of the interaction between Analog Lab and AstroLab that needs to be improved.
Normally, you should be able to reproduce this exact behavior with any presets, not only the Jazz bass.

→ When you’re doing a transposition on Analog Lab, AstroLab will continue sending MIDI information to Analog Lab and so the notes are doubled: adding the original note and the transposed one.

→ I logged it on my side already for a fix in the future update, and added your comments to it.

So I would suggest sending the preset made in Analog Lab to the AstroLab Library, and then make the transposition in AstroLab via the MIDI option in the preset menu (Shift + main encoder). Then making sure to listen to the AstroLab’s sound.

Or you can go to the AstroLab settings and set the MIDI Out Filter to Keyboard Only, it should help.

Ah, I see, this is only happening with AstroLab connected to Analog Lab.
Good to read that Arturia already has it logged for a fix in a future update.

I was trying to reproduce it on AstroLab (standalone), which does not have this issue by itself.

HI @MorganTheCatMom and thanks for the update, appreciated!

I’ll tweak the title and lock this one then as it’s been resolved.