Collection X: original synths presets

Question to Collection X owners:

Do the original synths come with the original factory presets?

That is, the ones that did have presets in the first place; e.g. Juno, Jupiter, DX7; Moog and some others obviously didn’t.

The practical side of it:
I’m relatively new to synths; cannot easily construct the replicas of sounds I need, say, to recreate some music from the 80’s.
So - a cheat: if I know the original synth used - in all likelihood a factory preset was used. If Coll X has those - I’ll have easier time finding it by filtering on a particular Instrument.

What happens when I filter presets on an Instrument now (I don’t own a Collection - just 10k+ presets that came with ALab; which is a mystery in itself - the X says “9k+ presets”, and I got more without X - how??):
up come presets that all look to be designer-made; no indication of “this one is from the original DX7 bank’, for example.

And also: what happens to presets already in ALab once you upgrade to X? Do they get merged with X? Or X wipes the old ones out and replaces them with its own?

having the same issue! it worked for first couple of synths and now that I downloaded the entire collection only the very first preset shows up =/

Hi there!

Inside Analog Lab, you can find all the original Factory presets of emulation synths listed under the bank name “Vintage Factory” :

Within the instrument plug-in (Jun-6V, SQ80 V etc.) you can recognize these presets by their naming (usually with numbers preceding the caps lock original slot name), and/or the comment inside the preset which states that it’s a vintage factory preset:

“I don’t own a Collection - just 10k+ presets that came with ALab; which is a mystery in itself - the X says “9k+ presets”, and I got more without X - how??” - this is because V Collection X also upgraded Analog Lab V by adding presets from the new instruments in Analog Lab Factory. That’s why the number increased without you purchasing VCX. We want people to discover the new instruments via this curated selection.

No, upgrading to VCX will not delete your presets in Analog Lab. You will get more presets appearing in Analog Lab from the instruments’ individual Factory banks, but Analog Lab Factory is independent of those.

I hope this all made sense and helped! If you have more questions/doubts feel free to reply on this thread.

Lily

2 Likes