Cannot use bluetooth

Astrolab is not able to discover bluetooth devices to pair so if the other device like is my case is neither able is impossible to pair.

I have just discovered that the bluetooth functionality in Astrolab is to input sound from a tablet or smartphone not to output sound

Yes, because the latency would be so long it would be completely unusable. This is something I once thought was common knowledge. Yet once or twice a week on the FB music creatorsā€™ forum Iā€™m on, some newby will join, complaining about crippling latency, and ten replies in, he drops the little nugget of information that heā€™s using BT headphones. Wish Iā€™d got Ā£10 for every time Iā€™ve seen the same problem reported in the 15-or-so years since BT headphones and speakers became ā€˜a thingā€™. I couldnā€™t retire with the money, but Iā€™d easily have enough for a cruise.

Yes, the AstroLab includes a Bluetooth receiver.
The main purpose of this featuree is to connect a smartphone or tablet to it, so you can play on the AstroLab over backing tracks / loops that are in your mobile device.
In this case, the audio output of the AstroLab is a mix of the ā€œmobile trackā€ and the AstroLabā€™s sound.

Since the idea is to play in real-time on the AstroLab over a backing track that is received via Bluetooth, latency is not an issue for this application.

2 Likes

Yep, I know. Itā€™s the folks who think it will transmit bluetooth that fascinate me, because obviously that would be a disaster because of latency, and Arturia are absolutely right to not facilitate it.

1 Like