Can I use Minilab 3 and Microfreak without a computer?

Hi! I have a Microfreak (love it!) and I’m thinking of getting a Minilab 3, but I’m a bit of a noobie and had a few questions :slight_smile:

1- I currently have my Microfreak plugged into an amplifier and that’s working quite well. Is it possible to add a Minilab 3 to the mix without a computer?

2- If so: What I’m mainly looking for is to do live looping and use the drums. Is that something I could do without a computer?

3- Is it possible to add a guitar to this? I have no idea where I’d even plug it in, so maybe only with a computer?

Thanks in advance!

The minilab is a controller and not a synth.

You would use it to control software synths or synth modules without their own keyboard. So, you would need a computer to run software synths.

To use a guitar you will need an audio interface like the Arturia Minifuse and have this connected to a computer. This would also allow the Microfreak to be connected to it as long as you choose one with adequate inputs.

From there you might consider a DAW to record and edit your performances.

PS there is a free version of Analog Lab you can use if you decide to go down the computer/audio interface route.

Ok. Maybe what I’m looking for is a loop station or something. I’ll keep googling. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like