Can I use an older version instrument I own in Analog Lab?

I have V Collection 8 i’m using with Analog Lab Pro. But some of the instruments in Analog Lab are newer versions that I don’t own. So I can open them standalone and have the full instrument and all the presets, or use the newer version in Analog Lab but not have the full instrument and all the presets.

And some of the instruments in V Collection 8 aren’t updated for my Keylab MK3 model, so the LCD screen and contextual buttons don’t work for them, so I can’t browse and select presets. However, that’s with the standalone app. Through Analog Lab, they are all compatible with the MK3. So that’s why I want to be able to open my owned version in Analog Lab.

Is this a situation where I just need to upgrade? Or is there a workaround for it.

Thank you

Hi @hbRider ,

If you enable “include legacy sounds” in Analog Labs main menu, then you can access your old presets inside Analog Lab. You will also be able to edit the old presets inside Analog Lab with the old full applications you own and have installed.

New presets can only be edited inside old full applications. if the presets are compatible. You will exsperience that’s not the case from V-Collection 8 to X. So you will need to upgrade to the new versions to do that. You will in those cases still need the old applications to edit the old presets, because in those cases the applications are too different to be preset compatible.

Old applications will be removed when installing a new, if the presets are compatible- Otherwise both the applications can be installed alongside eachother.

I don’t know about your controller.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I do see the presets from my older version instruments in Analog Lab, and when I open those patches I can open the full instrument in Analog Lab, so that’s good.

However, my instrument doesnt appear in the menu that shows all your instruments. So Analog Lab Pro shows the Prophet-5, and Prophet-VS (which I dont own), but not my Prophet V3 that I do own, that has the black effects box on top of it.

Is there any way to get my version instrument to appear in Analog Lab? Otherwise I just have to browse the presets and look for ones that are from the Prophet V3, which is quite tedious since there are so many patches.

Ty

Hi again @hbRider ,

I understand what you mean. Most instruments only have one selection option. However - when it comes to Prophet, then you actually should have Prophet-5, Prophet-VS and Prophet among the instruments. The Prophet is the V3 version.

Also keep in mind, that you can sort by instruments in the third browser column.