[Bug] MIDI Track Minifreak crashes Cubase

Thanks Arturia for the new Minifreak version 2.0.0.6875 A big step ahead again.

MINIFREAK V plays perfectly well in Cubase version 15.0.30 from MIDI keyboard (Kawai).
Also works all right in Analog Lab.

However, notes sent from a MIDI track will crash Cubase immediately.
Thanks for any help.

Hi @Erik_Furenach and thanks for reporting.
I have just reproduced here.
Win 11Pro, Cubase 15 Pro latest build for both.

Create a new project, open an instance of MFV in an instrument track, MFV opens ok, but i managed to play a few midi notes and then Cubase just hung, had to use task manager to force close.

If you could list your system spec too, that would be appreciated.

HTH!

Hi there,

Thanks a bunch for responding fast.

Same prob seems to occur in Analog Lab as well (contrary to what I wrote before).

Please find below the system info.

Kind Regards,

Erik

Cubase Pro 15.0.30

Computer HP (2025)

Intel(R) Core™ i7-14700 (2.10 GHz)

Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 (128 MB)

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows 11 Home

Version 25H2

OS Build 26200.9457

1 Like

Could it be that this is a Windows-specific problem? I just tried to reproduce the freeze using MiniFreak V in Cubase Pro 15.0.30 on macOS, and I was not able to produce any kind of freezing.

Yes, that is possible, but I am not familiar with Mac computers.
Anyway, since Minifreak standalone seems to work all right, it must be in Cubase related.

Reinstalling Minifreak did not resolve the prob.