Brand New Keystep 37 - Mod Strip Doesn't Work

Hey all! Just picked up one of these, absolutely love it but after having it a couple of days I’ve noticed that the mod strip isn’t working. It doesn’t even register as MIDI activity in the MCC, so it’s not anything specific to the DAW or synths I’m trying to use. Is there anything I should try before I box it up and send it back for a replacement? FWIW I’ve tried a firmware re-burn. But any other suggestions welcome! Thanks :slight_smile:

HI @chimp_spanner
Great to see you’ve made it here to the new Sound Explorers Forum!

Are you using it with a DAW by any chance? I use mine mainly with Cubase and i’ve noticed that occasionally the mod strip appears to not send midi, turning the KS37 off and on has always sorted this for me.

I’ve not used it in a non Daw setup very frequently though.

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Meanwhile, it might be worth logging in to your account to contact our support team and discuss with them.

HTH!

Ps, i’m sure i know you from another forum somewhere. :sunglasses:

I have had this happen using the KeyStep 37 in MainStage and, as matjones said, turning off the KeyStep (or disconnecting the USB cable) restored it. With me it usually affects both the mod and pitch bend strips.

The first time it happened I gave up and shut down my computer. When I started up again the next day, both strips worked fine.

1 Like

@Matt62704
It does seem to happen very regularly here, it’s no biggie though once you know to restart the KS37.