AudioFuse Studio Can No Longer Pan Left and Right

For the last month or two, I haven’t been able to pan from left to right in my DAW. It’s always stereo.

Everything looks okay on my Audiofuse Studio, and nothing looks unusual in AudioFuse Control Center. I first noticed this happening when I used the VST Shaperbox 3. Panning didn’t seem to worked. I disabled the VST, and then manually hard panned it to the left, and then to the right, but it’s always in stereo.

This happened before I upgraded Ableton 11 to 12. I was kind of hoping that would fix it, but no love.

My setup is an AudioFuse Studio, 2022 Apple M1 Max Studio with 32 GB of memory.

Here’s a pic of AudioFuse Control Center, not sure if it’s going to help, but maybe you guys will see something.

1 Like

There are a lot of things that could be wrong. It’s hard to tell from the screen shot. There’s no signal on the meter for USB 1-2, which I assume is where DAW playback would be output. Did you take the screenshot while you were playing the audio back that’s supposed to be panned?

If not, please take another screen shot while it is playing and hard panned to one side, and a screen shot of the Ableton mixer with the I/O panel open would be helpful, too.

A few other questions:

• Does the audio change at all if you slowly sweep the pan knob from hard left to hard right, or does it sound exactly the same the whole time?
  • Are you listening through speakers or headphones? Can you try the opposite?
  • The configuration for the Aux outputs looks a little unusual. It shows the DAW going to Aux L and Main R going to Aux R. Do you have something connected to your Aux outputs?

New screen shot.

Thank you so much for the quick response. Here is a project I’m working on, just the DAW going through USB.

Answer to your questions.

** Does the audio change at all if you slowly sweep the pan knob from hard left to hard right, or does it sound exactly the same the whole time?*

It sounds exactly the same the whole time.

**** Are you listening through speakers or headphones? Can you try the opposite?***

I’ve tried both monitors and headphones. I usually like to start my projects on the speakers, then listen through headphones for the mixing process.

No, I might have done that on accident trying anything to make panning work.

In the AudioFuse app, the USB 1-2 reflects the changes I make in the DAW when I hard pan the track left or right. I can watch this happen (I’m soloing one track), but master doesn’t reflect this.

Here are some picks of the track I’m testing. I keep thinking I changed something that’s making it do this. Why? Because panning has never been an issue before.

Thank you for your help on this. I can upload a video if you think it might help.

Sorry, my message said I uploaded more pics. I’m a new user to this forum and I’m only allowed to upload one pic at a time.

It’s all good: I can see the problem now. It was actually in your first screen shot all along, but I missed it!

The pan knobs on the USB 1-2 channel are both near the middle:

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 7.58.50 am

You want those hard-panned left and right like this:

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 7.59.49 am

1 Like

That’s all it was!!! I must have changed my settings. It’s working perfectly now!

My hero!

1 Like