AudioFuse 16Rig Windows Stability

Hi folks. I am seriously tempted by the AudioFuse 16Rig as a replacement for my existing Tascam Model 24.

I have quite a few issues with the Tascam drivers requiring PC restarts and lack of audio routing flexibility which is making me want an AudioFuse 16Rig.

To those that use it on a Windows OS PC do you find the drivers relatively stable?
The bulk of my work is in a DAW (Cubase) but do a lot of browsing and a bit of video editing.
Thanks

1 Like

Similar situation (Tascam US 16x8 switch). Follow with interest

I just got one and had it crash a few times (had to power cycle the unit), the loopback mode doesn’t work at all in a way that is useful (only works in ASIO and can’t loopback non-ASIO audio…my DAW can already do this??). I packaged it up to return…got impatient and opened it up again to see if I could get loopback to work, it said there was a firmware update… I was like OH cool maybe they fixed it, it updated and now the unit won’t turn on at all.

I really love the idea of this interface but compared to my MOTU it has just been a hassle. My system is optimized for audio and has been for years, I was getting clicks and pops on any buffer size. I wrote Arturia support last week and still have yet to receive a response. I’ll be shipping the unit back today :slight_smile: hope this helps, I would personally go with a company with more experience in Windows audio… or wait and see if they iron it out. I don’t really want to wait.

1 Like

Hey Zoopy - thanks for sharing your insight.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I actually just managed to get it to boot up again, just took reinstalling the firmware even though the screen wasn’t showing on the unit.

Also I got loopback to work in Reaper but as soon as I open Ableton the loopback function ceases to work, which gives me a little bit of hope that it can be fixed.