Arturia KeyLab 88 MkII vs KeyLab 61 MkII

Is there any difference between the 88Mkll vs. the 61Mkll other than overall size, laptop/sheet music space and number of keys? Are the fader’s, knob’s, key’s and pad’s feel and size the same? Are all the electronics the same? Is the 61Mkll just a smaller 88Mkll?

As far as I know the difference is also in the keybeds. Keylab 88 has full-weighted hammer mechanic piano keys, KeyLab 61 has half-weighted keys. If you are a learned piano player you will favor the hammer mechanic. If you are a learned organ player the hammer mechanic would make some of my playing styles impossible :man_shrugging:

Before you make a buying decision go into a shop in which you can test the playing-feel of the different keybeds.

I am not able to find any Arturia gear near me unfortunately. I may actually want a less “acoustic piano” feel due to a bit of arthritis, so the 61Mkll may be a better choice. Is there anything missing or different on the 61Mkll that the 88Mkll would provide?

Nope. The only difference is their keybed :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info

Would the 61 Mkll come with the full version of Analog Lab?

Hi @jfc0987 and welcome to The Sound Explorers Forum!

Sorry to hear about your Arthritis, it’s not much fun i know!

It seems that it DOES come with the full version of ALV, according to the product page here.

HTH!

Ps,
Please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about the latest from Arturia.

Is there any difference between the keybed of the 49 Mkll vs. 61 Mkll? It appears the 2 are grouped together, indicating they are the same except number of keys?

No, they are the same, I have both.

In many of the reviews, they say the 88 note has heavier actions than the competition.

I was debating over whether to get the 88 or 61 note Keylab and the 88 or 61 note S series from Native Instruments.

Due to the reviews and total lack of finding anywhere with both to try out, I went for the Arturia Keylab 61 and the Native Instruments S88.

I have a bit of arthritis in my hands and I find the S88 a little bit heavy (though bearable but my arthritis is too bad at present), so I think the Keylab 88 would have been too heavy.

I really like both of my keyboards, as a stand alone midi controller the Keylab wins by a mile.

I bought my Keylab mk2 61 in January this year, in the UK.

It came with both Analog Lab 4 and Analog Lab Pro
It also came with both Piano v2 and an upgrade to Piano V3