Anyone else feel the pitch wheel is a little sluggish?

Has anyone modded or adjusted the pitch wheel to not feel like it’s moving through thick molasses? It works well enough, but it just feels really sluggish. I’d like to reduce the friction a little or something to make it more springy or lively and have it return to neutral a little faster. Any ideas?

Hey @PolyBrute thanks so much for sharing this.

If you’re having trouble to get the Max-Center-Min values of the pitch wheel you can try a calibration from the Settings Menu

You can check all detailed information on the PolyBrute Manual page 105

Otherwise if you feel is there a mechanical issue, we strongly recommend you to check with your local dealer or log in to your account to contact our support team that will help you to fix this situation in the safest way, as this product need to be handle with care from one of our after sales experts.

Hope your machine will soon slide nicely!

Hello! I appreciate the response, but I think you may be misunderstanding my issue. I’m not suggesting there’s anything wrong mechanically or with the software/firmeare, I’m just saying that I don’t like how it feels. It has a little more resistance than I’d prefer, but it’s not a deal-breaker. I was just curious if there’s anyway to reduce the resistance a bit to make it move a little easier and feel a little snappier, rather than it’s moving through molasses.

Again, not broken. I think your design team just intended to make it smooth and elegant - and it is - but the built-in resistance is just a little more than my liking.

Ah got it @PolyBrute !
I just tried the pitch wheel from PolyBrute and compared with others such as MatrixBrute and honestly they feel just right, apparently that’s the standard on our products.

I hope your wheel is not broken in any case, but our official advise is to please avoid to open the case as it is 240V AC :zap: so it needs to be handle by an expert.

Otherwise I guess you’ll get use to the feeling of the pitch wheel after a while of using the PolyBrute. Let’s see what the others think :slight_smile:

Thank you; no worries. I can live with it :slight_smile: It’s a superb instrument in just about every way so I can deal with a pitch wheel that isn’t 100% to my preference. It’s like 90%, so it’s cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool @PolyBrute !
Don’t hesitate to share your creations in YourSound section of our forum :metal:

1 Like