AfterTouch support

I jut purchased the minilab3 and to my surprise the touchpads have aftertouch on them. Now I have a KeyLab MK3 on order. I know the MK2 has AferTouch on the keys, and I believe that the MK3 does as well. But what about the touchpads?

My keyboard is on BackOrder and hopefully will show up in the next month or so. I am wondering in the meantime if someone who owns the unit can give it a test. The easiest way is to load the MCC and hit (command+M in the Mac) I am not sure if it’s alt-M on windows. That brings up the midi monitor window. then press the keyboard, then press harder. it should respond back with AfterTouch value. if you can do it with the pads as well to see if it give the AfterTouch values.

it would seem rather strange to give aftertouch on the minilab3 pads, and not give them on the full top end KeyLab 61 MK3. but I’d rather test and know.

thanks to anyone who can give it. a try or confirm.

All the KeyLab series have aftertouch, actually polyphonic aftertouch, on the pads.
The KeyLab Essential series (original or Mk3) do not have aftertouch on the keys.
The KeyLab series (original, Mk2 or Mk3) have channel aftertouch on the keys.

Thankyou for verification. The website doesn’t mention aftertouch on the pads for any keylab or minilab3. So it’s good to know that I have it as that was one of the want to have functions. It’s a pitty they didn’t implement midi2.0 but I imagine that might be just a firmware update as the usb-c connector likely can support it if the chips inside are usb3.