Acid_V appreciation post

Hi Everyone!

For my first post, i don’t so much want to show my music, but i want to use it to say my compliments to the Arturia staff that produced the amazing Acid_V.

Here’s a video because i don’t know how to embed Bandcamp links. I hope this works.

I made this track in no time at all, though i did start out with a preset, to get into the swing of things. Apart from the drums and a synth pad, everything you hear is coming from the Acid_V. Including the spaced out reverb parts.

That’s a Comp_VCA 65 compressor delivering true grit on the drums, by the way.

Hair raising sounds and a very intuitive GUI for a not-that-techy guy like me.

Congrats!

EDIT: I couldn’t stop working on this (too much fun!), so the above video is an updated version from the original track.

Greetings from Belgium,
Bolle

5 Likes

Hey @Bolle welcome to our Sound Explorers community!

That’s great news that you’re enjoying The Acid V so much, i’ve been having LOADS of fun with it myself too :heart_eyes: It’s a versatile little beastie isn’t it!
Just listening to your track now…NICE WORK!
…And yep, Comp VCA 65 is a fantastic compressor too, the limiter can add some wicked distortion to snare drums in particular.

looking forward to hearing your next offering.

If you haven’t already then please make sure to subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first to know about any new and exciting news from Arturia.

3 Likes

Hi

I must add my congratulations and thanks to the Arturia team too. Acid V is amazing.
Beautiful squelch and rhythm!

Cheers

4 Likes

Hi Bolle,

I also use Comp VCA a lot (with FET when mastering). VCA does wonder on acoustic instruments.

I can hear echos of Belgian group Lords of Acid in your track. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Francoise,

This is actually the first time i used the Comp VCA 65. I only just bought it. I can’t wait to try it out more. In this track the drums are a little loud, but i’m a drummer so i would do that. :laughing:

There’s definitely a late 80’s/early 90’s Belgian acid dance music influence in this track!

Greetings,
Bolle

3 Likes

Hi @Bolle welcome to our Sound Explorers community !

The Acid V Sound aweosome! I can stop using it and the music your share is awesome too! Keep playing and creating music!

See you around the forum!

3 Likes