April 26, 2024, 05:14:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Project change issues  (Read 1883 times)

Arndt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Project change issues
« on: April 10, 2018, 10:05:49 pm »
Hello everybody,

I got my Beatstep Pro just recently. Firmware is 2.0.0.2

The following reproducible problem occurs all the time: when 'Wait to Load Project' is switched OFF (via Midi Control Center),
something goes completely wrong when changing projects while sequences are running. When I change projects, the device
starts messing up those running sequences, strange sounds come up and sequenced content is missing. After a few bars all sequences stop and the device freezes
completely, it doesn't respond to any knob action whatsoever. I have to switch it off and on again, then everything is fine, but only as long as I don't
change projects. All this only with 'Wait to Load Project' is OFF and when sequences are running.
When'Wait to Load Project' is ON, everything works fine, also, when changing projects while sequences are stopped.

Does anybody experience the same problem? Could it be something regarding the firmware, or is the device itself defective?

Thanks for your reply.

thatfritzguy

• Apprentice
Re: Project change issues
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 01:41:09 am »
Running 2.0.0.2, tried to recreate your issue for about 10m but couldn't. It froze once, I was switching projects very rapidly.

I did notice after switching projects that sometimes the drum sequencer would be off time, like on a diff step # than Seq 1. Might be that I had the drum seq at a different resolution than seq 1 on the previous project I was switching from.

Anyways, hope that helps and doesn't make for more confusion.

-fritz

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 09:38:05 am »
Hi Arndt,
You need to be sure to have the latest Arturia MIDI Control Center version.

Have a look here:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=91031.0

Regards,
Y.

Arndt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 10:21:22 am »
Hi everybody, thanks for answering.
I've already installed the latest MCC version, which is 1.7.1.506, but have now updated the BSP firmware version to 2.0.1.0, also I've made a reset on the BSP.
So now I will test it again with some new projects and will report the results.

Arndt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 11:01:05 am »
Ok, I did a test run and the issue seems to be solved. Great! Apparently the new BSP firmware made it. So I assume, that both the MCC version AND the BSP firmware necessarily have to be the newest to avoid issues (?).

There's one thing I've noticed (noobie?): after the whole procedure (BSP firmware update and reset) the input of notes to steps doesn't work as before, which was: hold the step, press the pad, done, note is set to that step, and the step was NOT muted. Now, when doing the same thing, the note is set to the step as before, but the step is muted and I have to unmute it. Did I miss or forget something here? The other way round also works, i.e., hold the pad and press the step, but: in that case the sound is triggered a bit longer, which I would like to avoid.

Thanks for helping out.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 11:28:17 am by Arndt »

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 12:05:50 pm »
There's one thing I've noticed (noobie?): after the whole procedure (BSP firmware update and reset) the input of notes to steps doesn't work as before, which was: hold the step, press the pad, done, note is set to that step, and the step was NOT muted. Now, when doing the same thing, the note is set to the step as before, but the step is muted and I have to unmute it. Did I miss or forget something here? The other way round also works, i.e., hold the pad and press the step, but: in that case the sound is triggered a bit longer, which I would like to avoid.

New topic for this issue:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92633.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines