April 20, 2024, 07:14:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Step+Pad Note input method mutes the step- do I have to unmute every time?  (Read 1327 times)

Arndt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello everybody, I got my Beatstep Pro recently. After a firmware update (now 2.0.1.0) and a reset, the following step note input problem occurred:

until the firmware update the procedure was : holding a step + pressing a pad = note is assigned to that step, and the step was NOT muted (if I remember it right).
Now, when doing the same thing, the note is assigned to the step as before, BUT the step is MUTED and I have to unmute it.

Can please somebody confirm, that the steps are actually MUTED when notes are assigned to steps in the above described way? Or have I missed some special setting here,
which maybe was active before my last update? It worked so well for me before   :-\

The other way round also works though (hold the pad and then press the step) but in that case the sound is triggered a bit longer, which I would like to avoid.

Thanks a lot.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Hi Arndt,
Yes, you are right. The behavior is a different.
Only way I see is doing Pad + Step instead of Step + Pad.

The other way round also works though (hold the pad and then press the step) but in that case the sound is triggered a bit longer, which I would like to avoid.
Yes, sorry about that.

Regards,
Y.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator

Arndt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thank you very much, I will try that the coming days. Will report the result.

Arndt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Tried it now, and it works well again, just like it should, no muting when not wanted. Thanks for quick response.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines