April 26, 2024, 06:50:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Voice bank won't delete  (Read 6724 times)

Beakybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Voice bank won't delete
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 05:53:23 am »
Let's get back to playing piano.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 11:41:58 am »
Hi everyone, sorry for the delay, it took us some time to clearly understand what's going on here.
The confusion was the mentioning of "piano variations".
At this time i didn't know that other presets manufacturers were actually sending piano preset banks on the internet.
Moreover, as we used the term "variations" in the release notes of Piano  V 1.1.0.205, i was then totally confused.

Anyway, this bank is sold by Vintage Synth pads, not Arturia. This "piano variations" bank has been made on the piano V1. from what i understand, Beakybird installed Piano V2, and then installed this "custom piano v1" bank in it.
We asked the manufacturer to send this bank to us, in order to clearly reproduce this issue. There should not be any struggle to remove an imported bank. During our testing, we covered many situations (using factory piano v1 presets in piano V2, importing user presets form Piano V1 in piano V2, making Piano V1 + Piano V2 live together etc...) at this time everything went fine. But it obviously will need a double check, once we'll get this piano variation bank from vintage synth pads.

@LBH : this  "Piano V2 overtaking presets over V1 issue" is definitely strange. We didn't encounter this one during testing.  i highly suggest you go in
c:\programdata\arturia\presets
and delete the "db.db3" file. this file is the index/database for the presets. Maybe it became corrupted at some time.
Once done, restart Piano V1 , the database will be recreated, and things should be running fine then.
About the "Eq translation", we don't have any solution to provide about this for now, sorry.
In the meantime, even if i agree this is painful, i suggest to rework your "user pianov1" presets in piano v2, and save these again.

@beakybird :
in case of not being able to delete a preset bank directly from the software. you can do this manually by going in
c:\programdata\arturia\presets\*instrument name* ( "programdata" is hidden by default in windows, you can make it show up by changing windows settings for hidden files)

inside this folder you should have these folders :
"factory" : our presets
"user" : your presets. I guess the "piano variations" will be a sub-folder of the "user" folder. Once located, simply delete this "piano variations" folder.

Anyway, once we will get this "piano variations" bank, we'll do more investigations.

we keep in touch,
best,

LBH

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 05:15:16 pm »
Hi Germain,

Thanks for your response.

@LBH : this  "Piano V2 overtaking presets over V1 issue" is definitely strange. We didn't encounter this one during testing.  i highly suggest you go in
c:\programdata\arturia\presets
and delete the "db.db3" file. this file is the index/database for the presets. Maybe it became corrupted at some time.
Once done, restart Piano V1 , the database will be recreated, and things should be running fine then.
About the "Eq translation", we don't have any solution to provide about this for now, sorry.
In the meantime, even if i agree this is painful, i suggest to rework your "user pianov1" presets in piano v2, and save these again.
I have tried this.
When i open Piano V ater deleting the database file, then i have my presets back. But after having Piano V2 open afterwards, then the problem is the same. The presets are gone from Piano V again.

I can also tell that my presets from Piano V do sound different in Piano V2. So the in this thread mentioned "Piano Variations" soundpack i guess also will not sound correct in Piano V2.

Best

LBH

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 09:34:50 pm »
Hi Germain,

Addition to my previous post.

Tried again to delete the db file, and this time the presets showed up in both applications. But when selecting my Piano V presets in Piano V2, then i suddenly got the jumping behavior Beakybird described in first post here https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92004.0, where the preset window with the scrollbar jump to the top each time one of the Piano V presets are delected. Also the presets are not highlighted so one can see they are selected that way.

Then tried again, and this time no presets at all showed up in Piano V2. The preset window was totally clean with no text, like blatanville have described with CMI V here https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=91994.0

I have tried differnt things more times with various results.

Then i tried to uninstall Piano V2 completely including deleting folders, it's the same. It jump now. That's not good.

I can't get it to work correct for both applications. It don't even look like i can get away from the jumping behavior. Looks like i will have the jumping or no presets at all in Piano V2 now.

To me it look like there is something that's not functioning as well as it should.

Best

Beakybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 09:40:34 pm »
Sorry if I mischaracterized the Piano Variations voice bank as being from Arturia. I think, however, at the website I bought it from, it said that the people who created the software were sound designers from Arturia.

In the meantime, loving the piano sounds.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines