March 29, 2024, 11:56:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Scroll bar pops back up  (Read 2230 times)

Beakybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Scroll bar pops back up
« on: December 30, 2017, 11:37:51 pm »
If I want to scroll to voices that are below the visible screen, I use the scroll bar to go down. IMO, the scroll bar is too thin, and it is hard to grab with the mouse.

After I select the voice, the scroll bar pops up to the top, so to choose another voice at the bottom of the menu, I have to grab the scroll bar and go down again. This is inconvenient.

Jpro600k

Re: Scroll bar pops back up
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:07:19 am »
Hi,

I was confused at the beginning, too.
I appreciate being able to read the same opinion.

It is certainly narrow and the range is narrow, but since it scrolls in the window of the file name, it is a design that is arranged for information rather than an interface for scrolling.
The interface about the recent function is placed on the screen. Information and functions are overlaid. I dropped in the interface design that touches the screen.Interface changes according to the change of the times.
It is comfortable if you can get used to it.

Thank you.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 03:31:16 pm »
If I want to scroll to voices that are below the visible screen, I use the scroll bar to go down. IMO, the scroll bar is too thin, and it is hard to grab with the mouse.

After I select the voice, the scroll bar pops up to the top, so to choose another voice at the bottom of the menu, I have to grab the scroll bar and go down again. This is inconvenient.
The window should'nt hop anywhere when you select a preset.
Are you using standalone or what kind of plug-in?

You know you can use your mouse scrollwheel too, if you have one?

You can allready step thru the presets using the up/ down arrows on your computer keyboard. That's good.
But perhaps it could be good if you also could scroll for instance using the left/ right arrows or other keys on your computer keyboard.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:54:46 pm by LBH »

Beakybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 04:31:40 pm »
I'm using standalone, and I should have clarified that I'm talking about Filter view. Without selecting any filter parameters I have quite a few piano voices in the menu, especially since I cannot delete voice banks that I imported, one accidentally - this is a serious glitch that I would like some technical support with.

In the filter view, there are 303 pianos in my menu to start. Lets say I scroll down to one of the last ones and select it. The cursor pops up to the top, and even though the correct piano voice has been selected, a different piano near the top of the menu is now highlighted, not the one I had chosen.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 05:33:03 pm »
Yes that's true when you select presets form the top bar. It would be nice if the menu showed the part in the window where the selected preset are.
Perhaps create a feature request for this. I don't know if Arturia consider this to be a bug. But it's annoying i agree.

It's at least good the selected preset are marked. And in that window you you have arrows in the top and bottom to scroll too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines