April 26, 2024, 06:41:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2 problems with PB connect :(  (Read 2151 times)

barnett71

• Apprentice
2 problems with PB connect :(
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:02:54 pm »
1 - With an instance of connect loaded other midi/audio tracks do weird things such as mute themselves, volume changes etc - its only when I have PB loaded this happens - Earlier my eardrums almost exploded as one of my audio channels got maxed :( I am not touching any of the parameters in connect or on the hardware

2 - When playing back an arp pattern the PB always plays the first note through the entire pattern and doesnt change when the note changes - for example say I have C1, C2 then I switch to D1, D2 then C1 continues to play despite the note not being pressed anymore

I love this PB so far but so far all im encountering are problems which is really slowing down workflow

SWilliam

• Apprentice
Re: 2 problems with PB connect :(
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 01:10:16 am »
2 - When playing back an arp pattern the PB always plays the first note through the entire pattern and doesnt change when the note changes - for example say I have C1, C2 then I switch to D1, D2 then C1 continues to play despite the note not being pressed anymore

I'm having the same frustrations with this right now! Loving the synth for it's amazing sound palette and range but finding some of these bugs to be a bit frustrating. Exact same problem for me - when I am controlling the PB via PB connect I can't transpose the sequence using my midi keyboard.  I have to use the PB keyboard itself

statlerw

• Apprentice

statlerw

• Apprentice
Re: 2 problems with PB connect :(
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 01:31:14 pm »
I had a request in with Arturia. I havent had to worry about it ATM as my solution works for me. Also, they advised that the

They responded as follows:

We are indeed investigating this on our end.

It does look like a midi loop issue with the track containing the Polybrute connect,

You should be able to workaround this by setting the output destination to NONE:
(refer attachment pic from PB)

You should then use a dedicated midi track to send notes to the Polybrute itself.

Do let me know if this does work on your end.

Also this which I did not expect - apparently the VST port is a no go:

Side note:
Make sure not to use the "VST" port which is dedicated for the PolyBrute connect communications and for some diagnosis purposes.

In the exemple above, the Midi clock will be sent from LIVE to the PolyBrute through the USB connection.

Then the best would be to create two Midi tracks and one Audio track:

- One to receive & record the Midi messages
- One to send the Midi messages back to the PolyBrute to trigger it if desired
- One Audio track to record the Audio Signal from the unit.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines