March 28, 2024, 04:06:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck Notes  (Read 4591 times)

GEOSynths

• Apprentice
Stuck Notes
« on: April 28, 2021, 08:56:18 am »
If I use the Polybrute with Logic I just get stuck notes, the same also happens if I use only Polybrute Connect and Logic is turned off.  I've turned Local Off but still stuck notes, any ideas?

modalmixture

• modeswitching
Re: Stuck Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 01:17:26 am »
I have had this problem occasionally while using the vst on a track in Ableton. Certain notes will not release after playing, but it isn't repeatable enough to identify the exact conditions. Turning off the track's record arm resolves the problem, so I assumed it was some kind of midi issue, but I'm still not sure exactly what's going on.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:28:58 am by modalmixture »

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 11:44:58 am »
Same here. The problem is that the polybrute connect does not respect the hold function in the sequencer. Basically it works as if the hold function is always pressed

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 01:58:19 pm »
OK - I think I might have some progress on this.

The following worked for me:
On the polybrute HW:
  • Settings button:
  • 7: Midi
  • 4: Arp/Seq MIDI out
  • Set it to off

jscheel

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 04:21:39 am »
OK - I think I might have some progress on this.

The following worked for me:
On the polybrute HW:
  • Settings button:
  • 7: Midi
  • 4: Arp/Seq MIDI out
  • Set it to off

I tried this but immediately got stuck notes again :\

statlerw

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 01:31:51 pm »

soundtraker

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 08:33:12 pm »
Same problem for me. I tried to set the Arp/seq midi out to off like you said but still. When i start playing without midi at all, the polybrute is playing. Just like the hold option is ON. Really, the sound of the polybrute is insane, but the integration with a DAW is not good..

andivax

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 09:18:46 pm »
the same problem here.
stucked notes at low octaves on 2.0.744 firmware

zootermac

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 05:50:56 am »
Same problem here. PolyBrute operating with random triggers and sustained notes, and triggering on release of notes when used as a midi controller over USB.

Can we please see to this problem so that the PolyBrute can double as a regular midi controller?

I should add, this behavior only occurs in regular play mode. When using the Arp/Seq, the midi transmits perfectly.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 05:54:37 am by zootermac »

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 06:35:07 am »
I just got my polybrute 2 days ago and am having a similar issue.  I'm using the latest firmware 2.0.0.747 and am using the PB as a controller with logic.  What I am seeing is that any time I play a note and then an octave down while still holding the original note, the lower note becomes stuck.  It doesnt matter which note either.  Any interval other than an octave does not result in a stuck note. I have local off and have output dest and input src both set to USB (I'm connected to logic via USB).  If i turn local back on and unplug the USB the issue is gone.  I use logics external MIDI plugin for all my hardware synths and have never had any sort of MIDI or stuck note issues ever before.  I even tried just using a basic midi track for the PB and monitoring it on an aux track but the result is the same.  Also when trying to troubleshoot this I restarted the PB a few times and at one point it suddenly wouldn't come back on.  After googling, I discovered that the firmware had somehow reverted to 0.2.0!! (PB connect confirmed this) and i had to reinstall the latest.  This has all happened after only using the machine for less than an hour.  Is this normal?  This REALLY concerns me. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 06:38:34 am by xigon »

andivax

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 07:49:53 pm »
Xigon, does update fixes your "stuck notes" problem?
BTW I've tried PB via USB and via MIDI - "stuck notes" problem is always here if I am using PolyBrute Connect utility or plugin.
In "standalone" mode PB synth has no stucked notes.

andivax

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 07:58:05 pm »
here is the video evidence
https://youtu.be/NsnqhmRLC-g

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 08:21:15 pm »
I can confirm what you're reporting.  Just to provide more info: I've changed USB cables, also verified USB was direct to my computer and not to a powered hub.  The stuck note issue remained.  Then I disconnected USB completely and used MIDI cables directly and still have the same issue.  Turning local on resolves the problem.  This is ridiculous for a synth that is more than a year old.  Total deal breaker.  I've put in a tech support ticket with Arturia on this as well as the Z axis to my Morphee not working when local is off but haven't heard back yet.  I own a lot of hardware synths and have never seen issues like this before.  Unfortunately I'm returning my PB and will likely get a Dave Smith or something comparable.  I really don't want to do that because this unit sounds amazing but if simple MIDI doesn't work..... it's not worth the price tag.  My patience has run out on this.

andivax

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 08:25:49 pm »
I just have submitted the "stucked notes" issue to Arturia's support.
I've tried MIDI connection, changing USB ports, etc - no luck.
Hope it will be fixed soon.

xigon

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2022, 06:21:27 pm »
Here is a video of what I'm seeing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TMihd9Nn2g

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines