March 19, 2024, 02:59:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 1.2.0 for Mac not receiving MIDI keyboard input in Standalone mode  (Read 10065 times)

bobk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
See system details below.

Installed latest update 2 days ago via ASC. In standalone mode, Analog Lab is not responding to input from my MIDI keyboard, a Yamaha S90ES.

S90ES MIDI inputs are enabled in Preferences. Yamaha USB MIDI driver is current.

Computer is receiving USB MIDI input from S90ES (AudioMIDI Setup system preferences window shows data coming in when I play the keyboard).

I feel like a beta-tester, Arturia. Spent a couple of hours  finding a work-around for problems with updates of SEM V and Wurly V, posting here at the forum,  and submitting support requests - and now this.

EDIT: Based on the thread linked below, I tried de-selecting other MIDI inputs via Analog Lab's Preferences window.  De-selecting the two IAC driver MIDI inputs resolved the MIDI input issue. Unfortunately, upon each launch, Analog Lab enables those inputs, so I'd need to de-select them every time. Hope this fix comes soon.

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83524.0

Mac Pro 2009 8-core 2.26 GHz, 16 GB RAM
Yosemite 10.10.1
All Arturia software is current.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:21:37 pm by bobk »

vaikl

Yep, can confirm the issue in the EDIT of bobk's post. My AL (1.2.0.405) starts up in standalone with all available and connected MIDI devices selected and activated in preferences. But my AE Laboratory 49 doesn't make any sound nor can i see animated keys in the AL gui. When i deselect any other MIDI device i can work with the Laboratory. But this lasts only until next restart, because all devices are re-selected and activated again ???

Had tried to delete the prefs files in /Library/Arturia/Analog Lab without success, all devices are selected back again on restart. I just was on the way to spend my money for the VCollection 4, but that issue causes me to wait.

MacMini 2,6Ghz i5 16GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.1, Arturia SW updated and licensed via ASC
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:58:51 pm by vaikl »

Kwerker2009

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yep, can confirm the issue in the EDIT of bobk's post. My AL (1.2.0.405) starts up in standalone with all available and connected MIDI devices selected and activated in preferences. But my AE Laboratory 49 doesn't make any sound nor can i see animated keys in the AL gui. When i deselect any other MIDI device i can work with the Laboratory. But this lasts only until next restart, because all devices are re-selected and activated again ???

Had tried to delete the prefs files in /Library/Arturia/Analog Lab without success, all devices are selected back again on restart. I just was on the way to spend my money for the VCollection 4, but that issue causes me to wait.

MacMini 2,6Ghz i5 16GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.1, Arturia SW updated and licensed via ASC

I have exactly the same issue on AL stand alone on PC/Win 7 x64 and Laboratory 49. I've started a new support ticket on this issue. Let's wait and see what Arturia will come up with  :)

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Hi, There's an underlying issues with Midi and Prefs in Analog Lab.

Start Analog Lab, go into prefs and deselect all midi inputs. Check your audio device is selected and you have the right sample rate, buffer size etc etc.

Check 1 midi input (There is an issue with having more than 1 devise on at the same time), selecting more than 1 will not work
Close your prefs and click on a preset (There is a issue when you start up AL, where no presets are selected)

Without playing anything, choose another preset wait for it to open and you should have sound.

Hope that helps

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

vaikl

Stuart, thanks for your workaround and explanation! That's the way i was already working with AL over the last days ;)

But there's no way to tell AL to start up with no MIDI devices selected in prefs??? That would reduce some work if i had to click on only one entry instead of de-clicking about 15 or so (that is my studio MIDI setup including virtual ports).

stuey

• Spark Moderator
Stuart, thanks for your workaround and explanation! That's the way i was already working with AL over the last days ;)

No Problem, glad you could get a resolution. 

But there's no way to tell AL to start up with no MIDI devices selected in prefs??? That would reduce some work if i had to click on only one entry instead of de-clicking about 15 or so (that is my studio MIDI setup including virtual ports).

Unfortunately not, it's a bug. It doesn't save your prefs as it should. Ideally when you've checked your ports they should remain checked. I think they are working on this currently.. I too have a huge list of devices to uncheck, it is a pain but hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Thanks, Stuart   
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I had the same issue, turns out, one of the usb ports on my iMac didn't seem to receive the midi into from the controller.  I switch ports, working flawlessly, don't know why.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Ingo Weidner

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Good to hear that this is confirmed as i found the same problem with the Standalone here (at Windows 7 64-bit).

With the VST plugin using my controllers seems to work normally.
Windows 7 64-bit SP1 / Core 2 Quad Q6600 (4 x 2.4 GHz) / Cubase 7.5.30, Live 9.1.6, Studio One 2.6.4, Reaper 4.75, Pro Tools 11.2.1

vaikl

Good to hear that this is confirmed as i found the same problem with the Standalone here (at Windows 7 64-bit).

With the VST plugin using my controllers seems to work normally.

When using the VST in a DAW, the DAW takes over control of all MIDI device related settings.

aileenkv4

• Unshackle galleries
Pictures from community networks
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 01:51:25 am »
 Unprofessional shemales 
http://asianladyboy.erolove.in/?profile.mariam
  shimale movie free shemal sex s hemale sex tgirls free shemaile sex
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:03:49 pm by aileenkv4 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines