March 19, 2024, 10:35:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Did upgrade with new licenser and now analog lab is useless  (Read 8223 times)

jmcecil

Did upgrade with new licenser and now analog lab is useless
« on: December 03, 2014, 01:08:25 am »
I updated all my V3 plugins via the new manager.  Now keylab 61 is completely wonkers.  The interaction is wrong, I can't set knob modes, the knobs are controlling wrong functions.  Inside Cubase Analog Lab has like a 5 second delay responding to knob movements.  The knob movements are now stuck in relative, even though it says absolute. 

In other words, I regret ever touching that upgrade.  Warning to others... do NOT upgrade.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Breaking the 5th wall to travel faster-than-light!
    • Water Wraith
Re: Did upgrade with new licenser and now analog lab is useless
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 05:56:23 am »
It seems it wasn't tested very well, the standalone does not work at all with my Keylab 49 or Minilab.  :(  I submitted a support ticket for that.

Loading up the VST in Bitwig, the chord feature no longer works, and the volume knob bounces around weird values.  Switching to some of the Vox Continental presets caused error messages to pop up.  Plus I have to resize the preset names since it's all scrunched up...doesn't seem to save the previous window state.

The other products seem fine with Arturia Software Center but Analog Lab is borked, looks like I'll have to reinstall eLicenser and version 1.1 until they do some bugfixing.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:34:10 am by SoundGoddess »
Hardware: Keylab 49, MicroBrute, BeatStep, SparkLE, Spark

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

DAW: Bitwig Studio

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 09:13:10 am »
Hi all,
jmcecil :
Did you experience this kind of problem in standalone ? This is quite weird !
I've been testing again AnalogLab with a keylab and i didn't have such issue.
Could you tell what is you Cubase version ? Are you running Analog Lab in VST2 or VST 3 ? What is your OS ?
BTW maybe your problem is related with a problem of Cubase.
In Cubase sometimes some CC are filtered and not transmitted to the VSTi.
If you have this kind of problem you can try to change the MIDI input of your Instrument track.
By default Cubase set "All MIDI Inputs", try to choose directly your KeyLab MIDI controller instead.
Please also check that your keylab is selected as input in Analog Lab tool bar.
SoundGoddess :
Have you been checking your MIDI inputs in AnalogLab ?

In order to make chords function work into Bitwig you'll need to make a MIDI track with on INPUT all midi devices and on output AnalogLab. Next to the OUTPUT destination of this MIDI track you will be able to select the MIDI channel you want to send : select 10.
Analog Lab will only make some chords with MIDI notes sent on channel 10. KeyLab pad send MIDI notes on channel 10.
The problem is that some DAW are filtering those infos.

.......testing.......

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Water Wraith
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 10:14:22 am »
Yes, the MIDI inputs are fine on Analog Lab for standalone but nothing gets transmitted except when I click on a preset with my mouse it will show up in the keylab display and I can only play sounds with the mouse on the virtual keyboard.  I have SparkLE, Beatstep and Minilab also hooked up and Analog Lab doesn't get any MIDI data from them either.

I'm new to Bitwig so I haven't figured out the routing yet. The chord pads work fine in Reaper.  However on both DAWs the Analog Lab VST has issues with the volume knob, I'm running firmware update 1.33 on the Keylab.  The volume knob worked fine on Analog Lab standalone and VST version 1.1 though so I know the encoder is fine on the hardware.

Software Synths: V-Collection 4 Update, SynthMaster, Massive, Hive, Serum, Enzyme

jmcecil

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 12:54:30 pm »
Hi all,
jmcecil :
Did you experience this kind of problem in standalone ? This is quite weird !
I've been testing again AnalogLab with a keylab and i didn't have such issue.
Could you tell what is you Cubase version ? Are you running Analog Lab in VST2 or VST 3 ? What is your OS ?
BTW maybe your problem is related with a problem of Cubase.
In Cubase sometimes some CC are filtered and not transmitted to the VSTi.
If you have this kind of problem you can try to change the MIDI input of your Instrument track.
By default Cubase set "All MIDI Inputs", try to choose directly your KeyLab MIDI controller instead.
Please also check that your keylab is selected as input in Analog Lab tool bar.
SoundGoddess :
Have you been checking your MIDI inputs in AnalogLab ?

In order to make chords function work into Bitwig you'll need to make a MIDI track with on INPUT all midi devices and on output AnalogLab. Next to the OUTPUT destination of this MIDI track you will be able to select the MIDI channel you want to send : select 10.
Analog Lab will only make some chords with MIDI notes sent on channel 10. KeyLab pad send MIDI notes on channel 10.
The problem is that some DAW are filtering those infos.

When I load up stand alone, all MIDI inputs are enabled, but analog lab receives no input.  I can then (thanks dude on KVR for figuring this out) uncheck everything but the keylab 61, and the analog lab acts as it should.  However, when I close and reopen, all MIDI inputs are selected again.  So, I have to go through the "uncheck" process.

1) I have 27 MIDI inputs showing, so it isn't something I'm going to do regularly
2) The MIDI select box on arturia products is awful on all synths for those of us with a lot of MIDI gear.

I downloaded the last update that I guess came out yesterday and rebooted.  The stand alone issue remains, however it looks like the host is behaving normally.  However, I still can't "manually" set control values on the keylab 61 if it is connected to an arturia synth.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

SoundGoddess

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Water Wraith
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:56:28 pm »
Same here, when I uncheck everything except for keylab 49 or minilab it does work in standalone, however upon launching it automatically accepts inputs from all attached MIDI controllers, and I have to scroll thru and uncheck everything except for the controller I want to use.  This is mildly annoying with six controllers, I wouldn't have the patience to do it for 27 controllers.

Sam

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 09:29:50 am »
Hello,

We're sorry for the inconvenience this MIDI inputs setting is causing.
We're currently working on it !

Best
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

jmcecil

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 01:00:12 pm »
woohoo a reply!  Thanks for doing that.

FYI:  Seriously, can you make the MIDI picker dialog area about twice as wide and at least twice higher?  I have multi-point MIDI devices that I can't see the last chars of, and that's what tells me which one it is..  I also have a LOT of MIDI devices, so the list is very difficult to scroll.  It doesn't go up/down one set at a time and the scroller is VERY touchy.

Sam

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 01:53:37 pm »
jmcecil,

I added your request to our post-release TODO List.
Just to know, how much MIDI devices do you owe (approximately) ? What's the longest name among them ?
Sam
Software engineer
Arturia

jmcecil

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »
I think the list is 27 long now

The biggest problem is a 8 port MIDI Express.  I think that port is the 14 or 15 char.  I also have a 4x4 Midisport that I can just make out the last char and I think it is in the 10th position.  A lot of the other stuff is single port, so even though it doesn't fit the screen, I can tell what it is.

A real help would be if clicking in the vertical scrollbar would move 1 set at a time.  So, if it is showing the first 5 ports and I click the scroll bar, the next 5 are displayed.  The way it is now, I think the scroll bar scroll rate changes based on the number of interfaces.  The more interfaces the faster it jumps and the more difficult the scroll bar becomes to stop with a given interface in the list.

jmcecil

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 02:29:48 pm »
By the way, I never complained before because the stand alone setup is typically a 1 time deal.  So, it was annoying, but once you did it you were done.  This particular release where the only way I could use it was to reset it on every load just exaggerated the issue.  So, it's more of a general request for ease of use going forward.  Not really a show stopper. (Assuming you fix it so the settings are remembered and the MIDI assignments work properly)

bobk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 07:24:31 pm »
Similar issue for me in Analog Lab standalone v 1.2.0. It fails to receive MIDI input from my Yamaha S90ES.

In my case, de-selecting the two IAC MIDI drivers resolves the issue.

Details here: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=83559.msg115766#msg115766

(Issue did not occur on my 2012 Macbook Pro.)

Mac Pro 2009 8-core 2.26 GHz, 16 GB RAM
Yosemite 10.10.1
All Arturia software is current.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 07:49:11 pm »
I tried installing The Laboratory 49 on my iMac and was provided a 2nd lisence to do so with, the software seems to work fine when I mouse a command, but the keyboard controller is not recognized when any keys are pressed, knobs turned, it wont even sync up in the midi manager, and no midi options are present in Setup.

Every thing still works fine on the PC, but as a new Mac user, I'm gearing up for the eventual switch to PT11 when the current project on the PC in Sonar is completed.

I'd like to familiarize myself on the Mac, copy my personally created presets into a folder on the Mac, and basically have the same function on both machines while I am in the middle of the crossover.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

banderan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 04:43:21 pm »
I am also havein issues with analog lab after i installed cubase 8
all knobs and faders have a 5-10 second delay
it dosent happen on the stand alone so im not sure if its a problem with cubase or with the plug-in

Adrien

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 05:18:07 pm »
This is a cubase Bug

If you select "All MIDI inputs" it does not work

If you select just you MIDI device alone it works,

Steinberg is notified.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines