[Feature Request] Make switches mappable in v4

Using the SFC-Mini with Mini V4 - the switches aren’t mappable/learnable, like they were on V3. Makes unusable with SFC-Mini, can you please fix?

2 Likes

Hello from the future. This sadly is still not possible nearly eight months later.

the prophet emulator has a similar problem in the newer version. Wish and hope Arturia can fix. But a good argument for not auto-updating in general.

This is a forum of users and not technical support, albeit there are a lot of technically minded and helpful people here. Did you raise this as a technical support request with Arturia?

Hi all.
A little late but welcome to the forum @s4n8tlserio and @jackroller .

It is a shame the switches can’t be controlled externally.
It’s also a shame the Glide switch is missing in Mini V4.
Switches have allways been used as player controls to change the sound during a performance.

It’s for example possible to assign midi CC and Macros to the Amount parameters though. Workarounds is possible, but sometimes the original way is faster, more useful and can be better too.

2 Likes

Would it make a difference if we did? Sounds like you’re defending Arturia for not being bothered to listen to their users comments in their own forums.

edit: And furthermore, we aren’t in need of support. This is an issue of missing product features.

No need to be offensive.
Feature requests can be made in the forum and by contacting Arturia support. Many find it assuring to contact support. It’s fine to suggest contacting support - a way to try to help.

Feature requests may be implemented or not.

2 Likes

Yes, i contacted technical support and no response.

@matjones Can you mark this one as a [Feature Request]? I assume that helps when devs do scan the forums.

@s4n8tlserio
I don’t know, when you’ve contacted support. But you shall not exspect replies in weekends.
You should have got a auto generated mail with your support ticket at once. If not, then something have gone wrong. Normally you should hear from them within 1 or perhaps 2 workdays unless they are very busy.
Feel free to contact support again, if they have missed to reply for a while. It can be a mistake of some kind. Sometimes Arturia might do a research before replying. They log feature requests.
You shall not exspect a reply about if the request will be implemented or not.