[Solved]Arturia Hardware/Software and Mas Os 27

You can find this in the FAQ about Tahoe:

There will probably be an article about MAC 27 in the FAQ at some point. Hopefully soon. So i suggest you check the FAQ.

2 Likes

I am on macOS 27 … and my Arturia plugins still work. Do you have some details on what is not working for you?

and then crash…

Do you use the latest MiniFreak V version? And is there any specific thing you are doing before the crash? I have used MiniFreak V on macOS 27 the last days without unusual memory consumption and without any crashes.

yes of course, and it is not only miniFreak, it is all Arturia plugins, I open, Memory goes up to hundreds of Gb and app crashes, also in Logic and Live12.

That is strange as I have absolutely no problems with any Arturia plugin, standalone and in a DAW. I am running macOS 27 on a MacBook Pro M2 Max with 96 GB RAM. Maybe, the issue is hardware-related?

Or is it related to your audio interface/driver? I have been testing this on the MacBook’s internal audio as well as my RME UCX.

Same. I’ve been running Mac OS 27 since the beta on my Mac mini M4 and it works fine with all of my V Collection 11 plugins with Live 12 & Logic Pro 12.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling them?

yes, even ASC goes memory crazy

Did you have a look into the log files? And as this could also be caused by corrupt caches or security settings, have you tried to create a new user account on your local machine to see if the problem persists in that account?

no I have not, as I think it won’t help me. Other softwares work like they should, And I ave a nmac mini M1 where miniFreak 4 and Pigments 6 run fine on MacOs 27

Okay, fine. Your decision. All I can say is that it not seems like a widespread problem. And if all Arturia software is not working on a specific machine, IMHO it seems more like a problem of that specific machine rather than the Arturia software.

So that would seem to indicate that the problem is machine specific and not necessarily due to Arturia plugins on OSX27. Frankly, I would format and reinstall the OS and restore from a Time Machine backup.

Haha you’re joking, I have 720 plugins to reinstall

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

That is a lot. I suffer from choice paralysis, so intentionally restrict the number of plugins I have installed. It’s about 40 and half of those are Arturia. TBH I’m not sure how many would need reinstalling after a Time Machine restore. I would hope they would just work but maybe not. I have done a few migrations during Mac upgrades and I don’t remember having any problems.

I hope you can resolve the issue another way. Good luck.

1 Like

yes I will, and thank you. GAS is just showing you that you can do it with very few.

1 Like

After a day long trying I think I found the problem. I have my soundlibraries on an external Samsung SSD T9 4Tb, with a symbolic link. So I changed my preferences to my internal SSD and installed just Pigments, and o wonder, it runs ! So I need to check and save my user presets, then install all on internal SSD and try to use ASC to move it again to extenal SSD.

3 Likes

While i can see that you’ve managed to sort your problems because they were caused by other issues, me advising people to not download MacOS27 yet because Arturia haven’t given it the all clear, is the opposite of “not really helpful”.

In any case, unless you desparately need the AI features that you can’t turn off and which have mandatorily gobbled up as much as 30GB of your hard drive space (MacRumors link), I’ll be advising literally everyone everywhere to leave OS27 the f**k alone.

Still…I am genuinely happy you got it sorted. :+1:

Sorry for my opinion, but it is not helpful to tell someone who has updated not to do so. :laughing: