April 25, 2024, 07:30:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 3 Bugs/odd behavior with 2.0  (Read 1260 times)

Processaurus

3 Bugs/odd behavior with 2.0
« on: December 14, 2019, 01:19:32 pm »
Rotating sequence activates the tap button

-When using the combo Tap + (<) or (>) buttons to rotate a sequence, the tap tempo is still being registered, so you inadvertently change the tempo if you don't hold the tap button down, like if you press the combo a couple times, it taps a new tempo.  It would be good to ignore the tap tempo when using the tap as part of a key combo.

Using sequencer ignores Legato setting

-When using the sequencer, it seems to always behave like Legato is on, no matter what the setting is (Retrig vs Legato).  This is undesirable, since you want to have a choice.  Also undesirable when using the new sequencer feature "modulation only", where you don't have notes sequenced, just modulation, you would want to be able retrig rather than being stuck with legato.

Default user modulation slot A1 doesn't modulate A1.

-If you actually want to modulate matrix slot A1 (Env1 -> VCO1 pitch), you have to assign something else, then pick A1 again.  Not a difficult workaround, but odd.

Thanks Arturia for the continued development, enjoying the 2.0 firmware very much.

Processaurus

Re: 3 Bugs/odd behavior with 2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 12:52:37 pm »
Oh wait, I see what the deal is with #2, when the sequencer is being started by note press, you can Retrig the sequence, with a new overlapping note, or in Legato, transpose the sequence as it continues to play. That’s cool. Not a bug, a decision.

Real bug: in the matrix arpeggiator, you cannot switch the legato setting. Workaround is to switch out to sequencer mode, switch legato mode, back to matrix arp.

guyaguy

• Apprentice
Re: 3 Bugs/odd behavior with 2.0
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 10:08:36 pm »
Rotating sequence activates the tap button

-When using the combo Tap + (<) or (>) buttons to rotate a sequence, the tap tempo is still being registered, so you inadvertently change the tempo if you don't hold the tap button down, like if you press the combo a couple times, it taps a new tempo.  It would be good to ignore the tap tempo when using the tap as part of a key combo.

I knew there would be problems with using that key combo when they announced it. I use an external clock so it doesn't bother me but certainly would if I didn't. It seems the way it works is that it registers the tap if you let go and tap again within the bpm range that the MxB is capable of, otherwise it's ignored. This is may not be a bug but rather a less than ideal design choice. One possible UI solution Arturia could consider is "hold 2 seconds to enter rotate mode."

Default user modulation slot A1 doesn't modulate A1.

-If you actually want to modulate matrix slot A1 (Env1 -> VCO1 pitch), you have to assign something else, then pick A1 again.  Not a difficult workaround, but odd.

Thanks Arturia for the continued development, enjoying the 2.0 firmware very much.
This is a design decision and is mentioned in the manual and video demo. A minor annoyance at worst to me since routing isn't usually a part of a performance.

Real bug: in the matrix arpeggiator, you cannot switch the legato setting. Workaround is to switch out to sequencer mode, switch legato mode, back to matrix arp.
I had noticed this and would definitely classify this as a bug. The glide buttons light up, giving the user impression that the legato would engage but it doesn't. I think Arturia wants users to send in bugs. I'll send this one in but you should too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines