March 28, 2024, 10:53:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Saving Lower Preset  (Read 6799 times)

skyter

• Apprentice
Saving Lower Preset
« on: March 08, 2020, 01:33:19 am »
In the Jupiter v2 preset manager you can save any combination of upper and or lower layers as Programs or a Patch.  I can't figure out how that works in V3.  It only seems to save the whole split or DUAL with both layers as a MULTI patch.  Does that mean that if I create a DUAL or Spl, I can never use the lower Program as anything but the lower layer of a MULTI?  And so could never use it in WHOLE Key Mode, or as the upper layer?  Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:44:48 am by skyter »

LBH

Re: Saving Lower Preset
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 05:13:59 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

FYI: Jup-8 V3 has it's own forum.

You have'nt missed anything. You don't save the upper and lower part as it's own preset in the V3 version.
You can in example create the two presets first, and then select them for a dual or split preset. That way you have each preset saved.
When you are in Dual or Split mode, then you can click on the LOW and UP buttons in the display, and then select a preset for that part in the browser that will appear. Keep in mind, that Patch FX is set in the current preset.

You can't use the lower part in Whole mode in V2 either. Only upper mode authenticly work in Whole mode.

skyter

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 12:37:42 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

FYI: Jup-8 V3 has it's own forum.

Okay thanks, will post there from now on.

So, I take it that now if you modify a lower layer, to work better with the upper layer in a DUAL or Split, there is no way to save the modified lower layer other than to take a screenshot, jot down the values, and recreate it manually for use as a Preset?  That might be a lot of fiddly work.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 01:43:53 am »
So, I take it that now if you modify a lower layer, to work better with the upper layer in a DUAL or Split, there is no way to save the modified lower layer other than to take a screenshot, jot down the values, and recreate it manually for use as a Preset?  That might be a lot of fiddly work.
You can do it like this:
You can in example create the two presets first, and then select them for a dual or split preset. That way you have each preset saved.
And - If you need to hear and save the lower part alone, then you can use the balance knob.

Beside that then i would say there is a bug. The two presets in a multi should be stored as a upper and a lower preset within the multi, so you can also should be able to access the lower preset for another multi preset. But for some reason that does'nt work. I have multi presets where the upper and lower sound is stored and can be seen as such, when one try to select a preset. So i think there is a bug. Sometimes it also look like you can't load a sound into each part of a multi, but instead erase both sounds, when you select a single sound - (meaning not multi) - for a part. That to me also is a bug in V3.

skyter

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 09:01:25 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts.  It does seem like a deficiency of Jupiter V3 to not allow a modified or newly created lower layer to be saved and loaded as an individual preset.  Whether it is a bug or not, I don't know.  But I hope they consider restoring the functionality of access to the lower layer.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines