April 19, 2024, 09:19:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Older presets?  (Read 1412 times)

gminorcoles

• Apprentice
Older presets?
« on: December 13, 2019, 09:36:50 pm »
If I get some presets from a previous version of the firmware can I load them into firmware version 2.x ?

I am. It good with these semi modular synths I have added the matrix brute very nicely to a song I was working on today but I don’t really know how to make new presets that are good.

standingwave

Re: Older presets?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 01:23:49 am »
 Presets from previous firmware will work, no problem.

The brute is an awesome addition to a modular setup.
 If you watch Sonicstate, you'll see Yoad runs his entire CV system with the Matrixbrute as his cockpit.
 Modular has been something tempting me for a while,. I've mostly avoided, but I think my fate is sealed.

Have fun!

gminorcoles

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 03:36:06 am »
I have a midi to cv converter on the way and a couple of synths in addition to the MB that can take cv gate control so we will see how it goes.

standingwave

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 11:15:20 am »
 Beautiful!
 ...and he/she was never seen again.  :)

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:41:20 pm »
I've been fascinated with modular synths pretty much my whole life...at least ever since the first time I saw Keith Emerson's monstrous Moog on tv as ELP headlined the California Jam when I was 13.  A few years ago I decided to dip into the monophonic modular world to see if I liked it.  Got a Korg MS20 (new release around 2013...the one without a keyboard but a little bit of an extended patch bay) and soon after a Roland System 1-m and a bunch of patch cords.  It just never really grabbed me like I thought it would  :-[ 

Enter the MatrixBrute  ;D  I bought it because the mod matrix seemed to me the closest I could get to having a huge modular system with "virtual" patch cords all over the place, but the ability to easily save and return to the patch.  Now with the expansion of the assignable mod destinations from 4 to 16 I've died and gone to synth heaven  ;)

I've even integrated the System 1-m into the MxB by running it's output to the MxB audio input jack essentially turning the MxB "External" source into a 4th oscillator.  Fun, fun, fun!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:44:41 am by WytchCrypt »

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 11:31:30 pm »
I had a decent sized eurorack rig, it led me to my interest in the MB.  I ran some external CV into the 1/4 inch modulation jacks and assigned that CV into the matrix and everything has worked fine so far.  I was careful to limit the voltage using an Invy as well as some other CV scaling techniques/devices, but everything worked great.

I have to say though that the DSI Pro 2 is the ultimate centerpiece if you want to integrate a euro system with a modern synth.  It allows a ton of internal CV generation and mixing along with 4 ins and outs and is a great sounding synth to complement a euro-rig (of course depending on your modules...)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines