March 29, 2024, 10:36:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: transferring Pigments v1 user function presets to v2  (Read 951 times)

davew

• Apprentice
transferring Pigments v1 user function presets to v2
« on: December 13, 2019, 12:29:56 am »
Hi! I'm really excited about the new Pigments 2 features. Wow! I'm really happy to see Pigments' unique modulation environment incorporating more types of oscillators. Being able to work with samples is especially amazing.

Just one technical issue so far:

In version one, I saved 55 user presets for functions. They don't appear in version 2, but I was able to locate them at C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Pigments\resources\internal_presets\fct\User . They have a different file suffix (.fct) than the presets for the v2 (.fct2), stored at C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Pigments\resources\internal_presets\fct2\User. I'm assuming a new file format was necessary to accommodate the new function features, which are great to see.

I discovered that if I try to copy the old .fct files over to the new folder, and then try to open an old function from inside Pigments 2, it crashes Pigments.

Is there some easy way to convert the old v1 function files over to the new v2 format?

If not, is there a quick way to temporarily revert back to Pigments v1, and then re-update back to Pigments v2, using the Arturia Software Center? (From what I can tell, the only way is to uninstall Pigments through ASC, download the prior version manually from the archive on Arturia's website, and go from there.)

I ask the 2nd question because I may try a workaround if there's no easy way to convert: Opening some of the more complex function presets within the previous version of Pigments, saving each overall Pigments patch containing 3 of my v1 function presets, and then reopening each patch in Pigments 2 so I can then resave the function presets. I'm assuming this would work because old patches that utilized my function presets still open fine in Pigments 2.

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:02:48 am by davew »

Vic-tor

• Sound designer & Jedi
  • Global Moderator
Re: transferring Pigments v1 user function presets to v2
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 02:21:05 pm »
Hey !

The function preset format was indeed changed to support the new Envelope mode.

AFAIK there is unfortunately no real way to convert the preset format (at least for now); so in your case I would try the workaround you mentioned in your post.

You can download older versions of software at the bottom resources page if you click on the "Show Archives" button :
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/pigments/resources

I will log a ticket on our side about this.

Best !

Victor

davew

• Apprentice
Re: transferring Pigments v1 user function presets to v2
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 11:16:09 pm »
Victor,
Many thanks for providing this information and logging a ticket.
Dave W.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines