June 04, 2020, 08:05:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Filter Vrs Preset VOLUME Signal path/Gain structure  (Read 172 times)

ShapedNoise

• Apprentice
  • Hi all!
    • Kirke Godfrey
Filter Vrs Preset VOLUME Signal path/Gain structure
« on: December 12, 2019, 02:13:26 am »
Does anyone know what the architecture of the freak is with regard to the gain structure and the filter?
I sort of assumed that the filter was the VERY LAST object in the chan before the signal was sent out, but since there is a GAIN available  via the Relative preset volume
perhaps i'm wrong?  :-\
I have not really exhaustedly tested, but i cant hear much difference in sound quality, so it does bnot appear to be able to Overdrive the filter
Or is there just a load of headroom in the filter. ?

I could be Wrong?
Stay Safe.

DrJustice

Re: Filter Vrs Preset VOLUME Signal path/Gain structure
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 11:05:52 pm »
The Preset Volume is just that, a volume control - i.e. it affects the final volume of the patch and is therefore post filter (ref. manual page 11).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 04:09:24 pm by DrJustice »

megamarkd

• GAS BAGGER
Re: Filter Vrs Preset VOLUME Signal path/Gain structure
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 07:33:52 am »
Also in the manual, on page 21 (page 26 of the actual pdf) the signal path is described, though the graphics on that page can be confusing, as they are for visualising the amp envelope modes.  It would be nice if in further iterations of the manual a graphic to display the actual signal path were to be added to that section of the manual (as it is in the MiniBrute manual), it's something I know I like to see even if I have an understanding of how the signal is passed.  Knowing where things like where preset volume sit and other idiosyncrasies help when programming (hint-hint Arturia).
Currently running synths from Waldorf and Arturia, Drumsynths from Korg, MAM and IK Multimedia, sequencing it all with Arturia's looping steppers, mixing and recording it all with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines