April 23, 2024, 04:09:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with Preset Converter compatibility please  (Read 1844 times)

ELP_freak

• Apprentice
Help with Preset Converter compatibility please
« on: December 08, 2019, 02:55:20 pm »
I have presets and banks developed on Modular V version 2.5. I suppose that would be Collection V version 2, but I don't remember if it was a standalone Modular V 2.5. I worked on those patches on a station and licence that belonged to a small studio, now shut down for years. I want to convert my presets and banks (.amc and .amb files) to files compatible with the newest Collection V engines. Hence, if I purchase a Collection V version 3 and a Collection V version 7, will I be able to use the VC5 preset converter and open those presets on V version 7?

if there is a way to do this by only purchasing Collection V version 7, that would be very good news.

Thanks in advance.
Moog to human: "I'm perfect. Are you?"

LBH

Re: Help with Preset Converter compatibility please
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 04:35:07 pm »
You can't upgrade/ convert the old presets, if you only own and have the new applications on your computer. The change was from V-Collection 4 to 5.
Also be sure you can find the preset upgrader/ converter.
(Perhaps i can help, if it's your own presets, and you don't mind to post them here.)
You mention V-Collection 3. Are the presets e-Licenser protected?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 05:36:37 pm by LBH »

ELP_freak

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 01:16:37 am »
Thanks for the reply. I strongly suppose they are e-licensed, but it was more than 10 years ago, so I basically remember opening the app, taking hours and hours to get minimally familiar with it, and then working on some patches and then exporting them as presets and banks, .amc/.amb
Considering the preset updater, if it only works Collection V ver4-to-ver5, then it will be useless to even buy collection V ver3 and then collection V ver7 ? I will have to find precisely collection 4 and 5 instead?

Wished Arturia gave thoughts to have a converter that would work with patches regardless of the softs installed on the computer or not. There must be someone else in a situation like that, that is, having a collection of patches but not being the owner of the app license.
Moog to human: "I'm perfect. Are you?"

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 02:18:06 am »
I assume you can do it with VC4 and VC7. As far as i can remember, then i have'nt had issues with Modular presets regarding e-Licenser protection. Perhaps they could'nt be protected as such, like in example Jupiter 8 V presets could. VC3 used e-Licenser and Arturia does'nt use that anymore, but if it can be activated, then you also should be able to use that as it's the same applications as in VC4.
And for some reason Arturia no longer have the preset upgrader/ converter on the download page. I don't know if this is a mistake or not.

Perhaps Arturia can help with this.
I will need to upgrade/ convert a preset, to be sure how it will work, even if i would think it will work. I have VC4 and VC7 installed.

I don't think you shall exspect Arturia to make a new upgrader/ converter like the one you wish.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 04:12:42 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines