April 20, 2024, 02:24:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do you save a sequence/pattern independent of a preset?  (Read 2372 times)

Aimbit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I understand that the "link" button links the pattern with the preset, but say I'm on Preset A02, link button off.  I select Sequence, there is one present already.  So I hold down Pattern and click A03.  Now my sequence is blank.  I make a sequence.  How do I save this sequence to slot A03, while I'm on Preset A02, without overwriting A03's preset patch?

thanks

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: How do you save a sequence/pattern independent of a preset?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 02:55:29 pm »
You can't save a sequence to another preset than the current one as a direct operation. However,  there are several ways to copy the sequence from A02 into preset A03. For your scenario let's do this since you didn't specify if it 's OK to save A02 with the newly created sequence (perhaps you'd want to keep the stored A02 unchanged):

- Make the sequence in A02. Whether you save A02 or not doesn't matter for this method.
- Switch the Link function OFF. This means that when you change a preset, it will NOT load it's own sequence, and the current sequence will still be there.
- Select preset A03. It now has the sequence you just made for A02.
- You'll probably want to make sure that the Sequencer ON, so that A03 will actually play the sequence.
- Save A03. The current sequence is always saved with with the preset.

If A02 was saved, you could also select A03, select SEQ mode, hold Pattern, press A02 => now A02's sequence is loaded into A03, and you can save A03 with the new sequence.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:38:56 am by DrJustice »

aleaseyi

Re: How do you save a sequence/pattern independent of a preset?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 04:55:03 am »
Many thanks for that.

Best regards

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines