March 28, 2024, 02:42:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Sync not working for me after update  (Read 13187 times)

endreola

Re: Midi Sync not working for me after update
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2019, 07:05:17 am »
When Midi Sync is off, when the first start msg gets sent, it will also not start running.

Isn't that the way it is suppose to function?  Please correct me if I'm misunderstanding this but isn't midi clock ignored altogether when Midi Sync is off?

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2019, 10:41:22 am »
Yes, sure, what I meant is, when MIDI Sync is turned off while you start the master clock, if you then turn MIDI Sync back on (while the Master is still running), it will not recognize the Clock and not start playing. Not with a key press and not with a press of the start button of the MxBs Seq.

edit: Clarifying my clarification. This is complicated :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 10:43:49 am by Lunatic Sound »

endreola

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2019, 12:53:25 pm »
Yea, you hit the nail on the head, that's the issue.  And while master clock is running with Midi Sync on the MxB SEQ wont start until it hears a clock start message.

Edouard shared earlier in this thread if this is an issue and we wanted it reverted back to the way it functioned in v1 then be sure to open a support ticket, in which I believe clos820 had previously done.

yeskeys

• Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2019, 06:07:37 pm »
Great description of the situation Clos820.  I submitted a ticket as well, basically asking to set the Midi Sync to work the way it used to before the v2.  Hopefully we'll get some movement on this.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this as an untenable situation.

Lunatic, Clos820 has eloquently stated the issue.  I hope I can help if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2019, 01:49:58 am »
I got an email back from Edouard, that this bug is referenced, and that the Dev team will do its best to fix it in the forthcoming update. So hopefully soon this issue will be resolved. Arturia have done some great work with this v2 update, and looks like they have a good momentum now with taking care of these little issues on the MxB. Thank you Arturia Dev team!

Gesvus

• Apprentice
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2020, 08:54:49 pm »
I really need this feature and regretfully updated to 2.0. Is the previous available to download anywhere so I can revert?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2020, 02:37:24 am »
I really need this feature and regretfully updated to 2.0. Is the previous available to download anywhere so I can revert?
Hopefully the hotfix will address this. Until then, here's the previous version 1.1.073: MatrixBrute_Firmware_Update_1_1_0_73.mbf.

Remember to back up any presets you made using 2.0 before downgrading, and don't try to use any of them or other 2.0 patches on 1.1.0.73.

Gesvus

• Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:29 am »
Thank you so much for the file and thanks to the OP and others in this thread for their good detective work. Saved me from going mad trying to figure out what I'd done wrong!

gminorcoles

• Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 01:08:21 pm »
Was this bug fixed in the most recent update?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2020, 01:50:00 pm »
Was this bug fixed in the most recent update?
Yes.

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2020, 06:33:21 am »
No this isn’t fixed. Same behavior with the ARP and Sequencer requiring midi-start command to play. This is not correct. It doesn’t match behavior of any other synth I’ve ever encountered, nor does it work the way the MatrixBrute used to work prior to v2.0... very frustrating.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2020, 12:43:53 pm »
Yes you're right - it requires one Start message for the session. After that it will play synced. You can then change patches, edit the sequencer etc. and it still syncs. In my setup I "accidentally" receive a Start message anyway, and it gets going after that, as in it's almost hard not too in a general master/slave setup (I'd have to pull cables during Start/Stop messages to make that happen). So a single Start message is the workaround, but it's not ideal of course.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:22:01 pm by DrJustice »

dm

• Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2020, 07:37:17 pm »
No this isn’t fixed. Same behavior with the ARP and Sequencer requiring midi-start command to play. This is not correct. It doesn’t match behavior of any other synth I’ve ever encountered, nor does it work the way the MatrixBrute used to work prior to v2.0... very frustrating.

I wish they would fix this back to the way it was, love the MBX and the updates are great. This is the only synth I have that you can’t just put in slave mode and be done with it or master mode for that matter

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2020, 01:21:40 pm »
It should be so easy to fix...

endreola

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2020, 04:55:26 pm »
I had to switch my workflow to accommodate the way it functions in v2.0.1.  Would like to see a MCC option that toggles between requiring SSC vs old way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines