March 28, 2024, 02:07:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Up/Down Alternate Mode - No Repeating of End Notes  (Read 2952 times)

DrVandermurder

Up/Down Alternate Mode - No Repeating of End Notes
« on: December 03, 2019, 11:39:46 pm »
When I found out about the 2.0 update and what it entailed, I was so excited that I jumped out of my seat shouting “YESS!!” and scared the cat away. Only 10 minutes prior, I had been bumming about only having 4 custom mod destinations. Talk about instant gratification! I never expected a huge update with such amazing new features... Thanks, Arturia!

However, there is one tiny feature that I was saddened to find has not been implemented - an Up/Down mode for the sequencer/arpeggiator that doesn’t repeat the first and last notes.

Such a feature would really expand the possibilities of the arp/seq. As it is now, I can’t use the arpeggiator to play certain arpeggios (the Final Fantasy Prelude, for example) due to the repeating end notes. Perhaps a Panel+Up/Down press to toggle would suffice? Seems like it should be easy to implement, considering the amazing technical feat you guys just pulled off with 2.0!

Cheers,
Dr_V

Lunatic Sound

Re: Up/Down Alternate Mode - No Repeating of End Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 12:25:40 am »
Mmmm, the Final Fantasy Perlude... Aaahhh...

PES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 04:40:40 pm »
+1

SingleCell

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 10:34:41 pm »
+1 !

STM

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 01:09:29 am »
+1

endreola

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 11:43:52 am »
Yea, it would be nice if there was an option to suppress those double notes.  So I took the liberty and created a Support ticket reflecting that functionality change.

Hate to sound redundant so please consider this a friendly reminder. Arturia asked that we create Support tickets for Enhancement Requests vs posting them here.  Personally, I like the idea of posting suggestions here as a way we MxBers can collaborate with each other...  But who knows, maybe one day Arturia may adopt this forum as valid method for our requests.

Processaurus

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 10:31:47 pm »
+1

Not repeating the end notes would be my preferred arpeggio mode, the two on the end have their place, but it isn’t the iconic arp musicality. 

It is a workaround, but a testament to the synth’s design, that you can use the matrix arp to manually create an up/down arp with no end cap notes, as long as a) you don’t mind playing 4 notes or less into the arp, and b) you don’t mind the length of the pattern being constrained. This does actually make an up/down arp easier to fit into repeating predictably within a couple measures regardless of how many notes you play.

endreola

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 05:47:37 am »
Edouard shared in response to the ticket:

"This will not be part of the hot fix though, but maybe in a later update."

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines