March 28, 2024, 02:01:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Fixed 2.0 hotfix] Problem with Preset Compare feature?  (Read 1470 times)

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
[Fixed 2.0 hotfix] Problem with Preset Compare feature?
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:11:40 pm »
I think I am experiencing a problem with the new Compare feature. When I push and hold the Preset button, and then select a memory slot, everything works as expected (button turns blue and I hear the patch in memory, "Comp" appears in the Seq display). However, when I push Preset again to hear my Edited Patch, sometimes there is no more sound...the edited patch is gone and the whole Mod Matrix lights blue!
Maybe I am doing something wrong? Anyone else having problem with the Compare function?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:34:23 am by Edouard_Arturia »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Problem with Preset Compare feature?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 05:37:12 pm »
I've not seen this happening. Just did a few compares to be sure. When you say the whole mod matrix lights up in blue, is that still with the PRESET mode selected for the matrix?

Is this happening consistently, or just with specific patches involved? If you have a repeateable pattern, that would help with verifying the issue you're seeing.

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 05:15:08 am »
Did some more tests. The "Compare" function seems to work fine...except for one memory location (A4) that seems to be haunted...or plagued with some problem. I keep copying back the program from a saved copy in MCC, but either that A4 program disappears after a new power cycle, or it fails to update correctly when edited and using the "Compare" function. In that case, there is no more sound in that slot and the Mod Matrix displays a mostly "all blue" (except for one black square per row!). This slot will not produce a sound even if I reset all oscillator levels, etc. It seems to be stuck in limbo between version 1 and 2...very bizarre.

I tried restoring (copying) the program that was in A4 from MCC, and it is ok...until I try to edit it. Then the same problem occurs again.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 01:04:33 pm »
Is that A4 from the Factory 1.0 or 2.0 bank?

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 05:38:18 pm »
it's one of my own programs, first saved under 1.0   I will do more tests today to see if I can find other Programs that behave like this. I suspect it has to do with me updating the MCC only AFTER I made the FW update to 2.0  I did, however, re-save my Program Bank under the newest MCC, but when I import that A4 program back in the Brute via that Bank saved with the newest MCC, the behaviour is the same (i.e. disappearing when I edit and Com pare to the original). The Program name, however, remains in the display. Every other aspect of the upgrade  seems to work fine
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 05:45:29 pm by aWc »

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 09:07:32 pm »
Right - not much more we can do here then. I'm sure Arturia would like to take a look at that preset if you file a tech support ticket.

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
Re: Problem with Preset Compare feature UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 01:57:06 am »
Have not been able to find another Program behaving like A4. Very mysterious. I will open a ticket with Arturia and send them my faulty Preset and  whole Bank, why not.
About the Compare Mode: I wish that the Seq Display would indicate "EDIT" when a change has been made! In particular, when using the Compare function: when you press and hold Preset while selecting a Program to compare, the Preset button blinks...great, however when you push Preset again to hear your Edit, there is nothing (except your ears!) to tell you that you're hearing the edited Patch...potential for confusion here! Why not display "EDIT" to give visual feedback?

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: [FIXED] Problem with Preset Compare feature?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 11:54:49 am »
Hey.
We resolved this issue, this will be available in the forthcoming hotfix.
Best
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 07:17:52 pm »
Hello Edouard

Do you mean the fix is for "disappearing presets when using Compare", or "displaying "Edit" when a Program has been changed" ? 

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 09:26:19 am »
Hello.
The Compare mode uses a dedicated memory slot to load the state of the previewed preset.
The issue was that the Compare mode was using the A4 memory instead of its dedicated memory.
Which is now fixed, this will be available in the hotfix we are currently working on.
Best Regards.
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

aWc

• Apprentice
    • aWc
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 04:33:51 pm »
Ah! Great news. I was starting to think I was doing something wrong. I am just surprised nobody else saw that before...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines