April 20, 2024, 06:39:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sysex for changing presets and pad select  (Read 1530 times)

Firebeard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sysex for changing presets and pad select
« on: December 02, 2019, 02:23:55 pm »
Hello,
I’m working on a program to control my MIDI kit, and I was trying to get the sysex codes to :

(a) change the Minilab Mk II to a preset (the equivalent of pressing shift and a pad), and
(b) write (or read) the setting for the pad select button.

Does anyone have any ideas about what those codes might be? I’m assuming they’re sysex. I’ve looked at the MIDI stream in MIDI Ox, and I can tell when they’ve been pressed, but sending back the same codes doesn’t seem to have the effect. Setting the preset manually isn’t a great hassle, but not knowing whether pressing the pad select button turns on or off pads 9 - 16 is.

Regards,

Andrew

shiny

• Apprentice
Re: Sysex for changing presets and pad select
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 04:09:53 am »
You cannot just send back the sysex as is; there is a transmit and a receive bit for the sysex (11 and 12); so if you send the same exact sysex string it won't do much.

I see no midi implementation manual for the keylab; and I am not even sure how can you send out sysex from it, the midi config app that came with the controller has no entry for sysex, just CC from what I can tell.

I am curious to see if you can figure out this, because sysex are pretty useful and would be great to assign sysex commands to pads, buttons and sliders.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines