April 16, 2024, 07:44:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments No Sound as a VST in Studio One  (Read 2292 times)

iamico

• Apprentice
Pigments No Sound as a VST in Studio One
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:30:00 pm »
Hello, anyone got a solution with Pigments producing No Sound as a VST in Presonus Studio One V3 and V4

• other vst instruments are fine
    im having the same issue with any vst from VCollection V6
    Pigments work fine as standalone
    i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling including removing files in C:\ProgramData\Arturia and C:\Program Files\Arturia
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:14:38 pm by iamico »

LBH

Re: Pigments No Sound as a VST in Studio Onr
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 09:58:19 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Strange.

I use Studio One 3 and Windows. I have no issues with Pigments or V-Collection no matter i use VST2 or VST3 plugins. I use V-Collection 7, but if yu have updated, then the plug-ins you have availble in your VC6 should be the same.

Does your VC6 applications also work in standalone mode?

When you say other VST instruments is fine, then do you mean other commercial third party instruments (an example please), and not Studio Ones own instruments? Are the ones that work the same format like VST3?

Which Windows OS version are you using?

« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 10:04:14 pm by LBH »

iamico

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 08:48:57 pm »
hello lbh, just updated to vcollection 7 and still the same, no sounds from them in presonus studio one 3 or 4,.im using windows 10, had vcollection and pigments  working for a while, it just started not playing audio for the last few weeks. other vsts like ni komplete plugins work ok. vcollection and pigments work ok on standalone mode just they dont work right now inside in my studio one. have tried deleting and reinstalling everything and still no joy. its a stangeo ne because the graphics in pigments dont move as if there the vst synth is off. found a work around by loading pigments in komplete kontrol as a vst host inside studio one. any other suggestions would be super epic to try :)

P.S THe verification letters to post a message here are  a total PITA :)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »
Hi iamico,

Have you somehow by mistake have multiple identical plugins installed on your computer? I assume you has'nt, but just in case.
Duplicates can create different kind of issues.

Komplete Kontrol is VST2 only just like all NIs plugins are VST2. So you use the V-Collections VST2 versions in Komplete Kontrol. You don't tell, but i guess you use V-Collections VST3 versions, when not opened in Komplete Kontrol.

I suggest you switch VST3 support off in Studio One and restart Studio One, and check if V-Collection VST2 versions work.

Then afterwards to check if something was wrong, with the VST3 support, then switch the VST version on again and restart Studio One. Then try V-Collections VST3 versions.

You can switch the Studio Ones VST supports off and on in "Studio One/ Options/ Advanced and the tab Services - click the button with the warning after you have read the warning. Click the service you wan't edit and click the dis-/ enable button and then say yes to restart Studio One.

I hope this will help.

As said, then i don't have any issues like this in Studio One 3 on Windows 10 version 1909.

BTW: I did'nt mean you should upgrade to VC7 just to be sure your VC6 applications was updated. But if you have upgraded, then you have more applications now, and the new applications is great.

About the verification, then i assume you at some point when posting enough does'nt have to verify anymore.

EDIT: Do you have Studio One Professionel or plugin add-on to Artist? EDIT END
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 10:10:19 pm by LBH »

iamico

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 02:14:24 pm »
thanks for you help, i just upgraded because the silver machine sounds awesome :) i tried all of your suggestions then realised my vst2 folder needed a clean out :)

still have the problem with studio one but arturia loads fine on reaper so its a studio one problem, im going to reset my windows and reinstall everything again as it wasnt a clean install and copied stuff from my old laptop

thanks again, you rock :)

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 10:36:40 pm »
Your welcome.

still have the problem with studio one but arturia loads fine on reaper so its a studio one problem, im going to reset my windows and reinstall everything again as it wasnt a clean install and copied stuff from my old laptop
Yes for some things it's important it's installed to work properly.

To me it right now look like there could be an issue with the VST3 support in your Studio One. You should be able to get it to work, just like it work in my Studio One.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 10:38:37 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines