Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spam  (Read 853 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Spam
« on: November 29, 2019, 08:18:38 am »
I see the Audiofuse subforum is being spanked hard by user Galencob. Ironic how the spammers seem to be able to join and post with no problems yet genuine new users complain they struggled to answer the security questions properly.

The answer would be to prevent new users from starting their own threads unless they've made at least one reply to another thread, let's say an official global Welcome thread. But I realise that could discourage new users from posting.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Spam
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 08:08:50 am »
Good idea.  It drives me insane when I read a seemingly good question or discussion starter only to see spam links at the bottom.  Some of the thread topics are really worth keeping and I have to wonder how someone with such intimate knowledge of a product can stoop so low as to run around the 'net spamming user forums where they must know the regulars who will be looking at the post won't be clicking the links and reporting them at first sight!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 02:48:24 am by megamarkd »
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spam
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 07:57:22 pm »
Hi All,
i have just been given access to remove the spam as i am around on the weekends where the Arturia guys are not. There has been a lot this week i have already removed.I am going through the 700 spams on the Audiofuse as we speak! mainly bot work i think.

If you see any just report it and i will deal if i see it.

Thanks
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines