March 28, 2024, 05:37:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Eddie Jobson`s "By The Light Of Day" synth sound  (Read 5306 times)

Sunra

Eddie Jobson`s "By The Light Of Day" synth sound
« on: May 14, 2005, 04:11:29 pm »
Anybody familiar with Eddie Jobson`s keyboard parts on the self-titled UK album, 2nd track "By The Light Of Day"? At the 52 second mark there`s a synth wash descending,very ethereal, and I`m assuming it`s the CS-80. Could you point me in the right direction to getting that sound? Maybe there`s a preset already that would need a little tweaking?

Much thanks

Rick

RoyOrbisonCS-80

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 03:39:05 am »
You're correct about it being the CS-80. I just can't find my UK/UK CD to answer the rest of your question. If memory serves me correctly, that passage has a sound reminiscent of one of the Funky presets...the way the envelope opens after a key is held down reinforces my thinking it's one of those, but then when he does the descending scale run before Wetton sings again it sounds like a different patch. That is a beautiful etheric part, and it's a rephrasing of the descending run at the end of Presto Vivace. It could be a sound he designed.
Sorry I can't help you further :roll:.  Maybe when I locate my CD, I'll get back to you on this.

ROCS-80

omissis

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:31:48 am »
Hi
that's the sound of the solo synth part ...I think it is FUNKY-1 preset (BTW on CS-80V it's not very close but I think the guys are working on it and the others :wink:) with few editing ( a filter tracking on the low part)...anyway it is a very simple sound with aftertouch on filters.....
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines