April 19, 2024, 06:00:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Fixed 2.0 hotfix] BUG in 2.0 - Duo/Split Glide & Sequencer/Matrix Arpeggiator  (Read 1360 times)

SingleCell

• Apprentice
The new Duo/Split Glide is groovy... but I seem to have found a bug.  When the Sequencer (or Matrix Arpeggiator) is enabled, you cannot activate glide on either the upper or lower split.   If you activate them both before enabling the Sequencer (or Matrix Arpeggiator), the upper part glide will deactivate, and the lower part will Glide on ALL steps of the sequence, regardless of any enabled Slide steps.  If you have any Slide steps enabled in the Sequencer (or Matrix Arpeggiator), it will try to Glide the upper part instead of the lower... which causes some pretty odd behavior.

Other than that, I'm digging the new update so far.  Though i still wish that Sequencer Accent had some use in Duo/Split mode.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:50:07 am by Edouard_Arturia »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: BUG in 2.0 - Duo/Split Glide & Sequencer/Matrix Arpeggiator
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 10:11:07 am »
Hey SingleCell.

Can you report that to the tech support?

I'd like to gather complaints about this so we can make a hotfix :)

Thanks !!!

Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

SingleCell

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 06:56:46 am »
Done, I think.... I sent a message to tech support thru the "Ask for Help" section of the website.

PES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 12:06:30 am »
Yep, some strange interactions between the Duo Split parts when the sequencer or matrix arpeggiator is enabled.

PES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 09:14:50 am »
I just noticed that if you have a Duo-Split where legato is set to "glide", once you turn on the sequencer it is set to "on" and you can only choose that or "off". If you turn on the arpeggiator legato is set to "on" with no other options. Same with matrix arpeggiator, legato is "on".

My main issue is that glide is always on for the upper part when the sequencer or arpeggiator is running, which makes sense since you can no longer have legato glide on. So the glide knob value works for all played notes. Is there a reason it behaves like this, or is it an oversight? It shouldn't be a problem to have it work now that the two Duo-Split parts operate on separate channels.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:17:13 am by PES »

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
Re: [Fixed] BUG in 2.0 - Duo/Split Glide & Sequencer/Matrix Arpeggiator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 11:50:11 am »
Hey.
This is fixed and will be available in the hotfix we are preparing.
Best
Edouard
DGDGDGDGDG

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines