March 28, 2024, 04:18:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using BSP with soft synths  (Read 1077 times)

Szavoda

• Apprentice
Using BSP with soft synths
« on: November 24, 2019, 03:30:27 am »
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but couldn’t find a thread though. Anyhow, I’m using BSP in Cubase and want to control the synth parameters with the BSP. Cutoff, res, etc. I can’t find any answer at all on how to do it or if it’s even possible. I do not have any hardware synths yet as I wanted to see if I liked the beatstep before putting all my vsts and such into a corner and investing in analog, but without being able to have any control over the synths parameters, I can’t really do much. Thanks

Szavoda

• Apprentice
Re: Using BSP with soft synths *SOLVED*
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 06:00:44 pm »
Not sure if this is the “correct way” but I figured out how to achieve what I want. I set the knobs up in the control center and saved it to channel 16. Then in Cubase, I had to create a midi track, made it channel 16, went to transformer, and made channel 16 unequal to channel 1. Now I am able to control the set parameters on channel 1. Voila

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Using BSP with soft synths
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 06:48:02 pm »
Hi
Also try my video i made for cubase and the BSP.
hope it helps
https://youtu.be/OHODr7AKdic
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Szavoda

• Apprentice
Re: Using BSP with soft synths
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 02:51:16 pm »
Thanks for making the video, but it is no longer the way to do it in Cubase 10. There are no selections in the drop down menu of the transformer. You must manually make each one. You select channel, unequal, to whatever channel you’re working with. The end result is the same, but getting there is slightly different. And that still does not answer how or if it’s possible to control the parameters of a vst. I was somewhat wrong on my last reply. Yes I can select a preset via midi control center, but there are a few issues with that. For one, it only works with one of the three instruments. For two, there is no resonance or cutoff. I’m sure there are some other things missing but the point is, it’s still not a way to map the synth parameters to the control mode knobs of the bsp. I realize it was made to work more with analog synths, but one would think you’d be able to map the parameters of each vst to the knobs in the controller. It’s pretty useless at this point. Another way I can kind of work around it is to have one of the instrument racks set to all midi controllers. Again, it’s only with one instrument though. But at least I can use my midi keyboard/controller and map each of the parameters on the synth to the knobs on the keyboard. I’m waiting for days to hear back from Arturia, and am waiting for help from Sweetwater. I kind of feel like my options are now to invest in a plethora of analogs, or return it and deal with sequencing on the computer, which I don’t enjoy.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines