March 29, 2024, 09:28:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key sticks/stops responding after playing awhile  (Read 1183 times)

Udge

Key sticks/stops responding after playing awhile
« on: November 23, 2019, 08:30:30 am »
Anyone run into something like this? (This is some of the content of my email to Arturia support). Just got my first one a week or two ago and the second a couple days ago.

======

Okay, I updated the firmware and reset settings as suggested.  After playing around for probably 20-25 minutes or so, I was able to get the note to hang (key to stick).  I’m providing a link to my DropBox account where I’ve attached two videos with narration as to what is happening.

Hopefully these videos are clear and help you see the issue. As I mentioned in my original contact, this is the second MicroFreak I have had with the exact same issue.

I’m not sure if perhaps Sweetwater just got a bad batch of instruments or if there is an actual issue with the MicroFreak in general. 

Here is the DropBox link —  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g3584w8ip4x2b9n/AAA3icPQ_7rVonplntZXendXa?dl=0

Thanks!

ESPRE

Re: Key sticks/stops responding after playing awhile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 04:06:31 pm »
I have the same issue. It's usually the "A" key that either hangs or just stops responding altogether. I have to power off and power back on to get it to work again.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:27:22 pm »
Hi,  I Just got a new one from Arturia, I will give it a test but it does sound like an issue with the key bed maybe try a third time lucky.
I have seen a few posts about a stuck keys in paraphonic mode. when playing a few notes at time.
have you tried a support ticket with Arturia?

Regards
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Mescalina

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 07:47:43 am »
Same here, I restart the keyboard when it happens.

murbinag

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 05:55:23 am »
I have the same problem, Just got my microfreak 3 weeks ago from vintage king audio. Key will stick and then key wont play, have to turn it off and on again. Any ideas?.
Also pitch bend will have glitches on sound and screen.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines