March 28, 2024, 09:03:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: strings  (Read 1607 times)

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
strings
« on: November 18, 2019, 11:22:27 pm »
Hi.

I have a Dilemma, I have been working hard and want to reward myself with a new bit of kit.
I have wanted to add a Waldorf Streichfett to my BeatstepPro/Keystep/Volca etc rig for a while now, I also fancy an all rounder to keep in my bag at all times and to help keep me entertained in the evenings when I work away from home.... I sold my Novation circuit a while back and are looking for something to replace it, something that lends itself to jamming with others and to come up with ideas on.

Perhaps Microfreak could fulfil all these criteria???

Has anyone made convincing disco solina/streichfett strings on the Microfreak???

Thanks all

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: strings
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:52:54 pm »
Ill take that as a no then.

Oh well, I'm still going to get one as I dont think there is a better more versatile little synth to keep with me at all times.

operator808

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 12:16:04 pm »
Hey CRGxxx. I am also a Solina/String Machine obsessive. I'm able to get close to that sound with some basic patching and using the Chords mode in the Microfreak. Over and above, what I really do to emulate the Solina sound is by using a Chorus pedal after the Microfreak. Currently, I alternate between using the a TC Corona and and a Walrus Audio Julia while I build a true BBD rack effect. Hope this helps.

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 09:04:12 pm »
 Thank you very much for that.

I think I will go for a freak 1st as it seems like a great all rounder..... then depending how I get on with making string machine patches I will try and find a used Streichfett in the future.

Many thanks again

Craig

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 04:57:59 pm »
I got one now.

Havnt had long with it but it seems pretty good for strings.

Great little box of tricks.

Ta

CRGxxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:00:58 pm »
Hi anyone.

Having had the Freak for a little while now I must say I think its a cracking little box.... I take it everywhere with me which is exactly why I bought it.

I dont tend to use the analogue style modes much purely because  I have a bunch of volca's etc but I find the wavetable, chord, Karplus and the new noise modes very useful... they really cut through the murky durge and hum of my analogue boxes.

When it comes to solina, streichfett style strings tho I havnt managed to get anything very convincing.

Does anyone have any tips on how I might acheive this????

Super thanks...
Take it steady

Craig

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines