March 29, 2024, 12:18:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequence Trasposition based on First Note in Sequence Option  (Read 1488 times)

lake33

• Apprentice
Sequence Trasposition based on First Note in Sequence Option
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:51:19 pm »
I would like to preface by saying I'm so incredibly grateful for the recent update. I went from using my KeyStep as an occasional Step Sequencing Bass Machine to having it be the center of my portable setup. I'm tempted buy another.

Anyways, the sequence mode transpose feature still frustrates me. As it is now, you set a key through the control center that acts as the key signature you recorded in, and the farther you get from that note the farther it transposes it. I set mine to C3.

But if I record in A, and press D3, my sequence is transposed to B. I have perfect pitch, and this makes it very difficult for me to transpose on-the-fly during a live performance. The only solution I've come up with is recording all of my sequences in C, but that's definitely less than ideal.

Oh, not saying the current transpose mode should be replaced; just able to be toggled in the MCC.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:54:07 pm by lake33 »

masi

Re: Sequence Trasposition based on First Note in Sequence Option
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:26:24 pm »
Yeah, I also found that confusing.

The first time I tried out the transpose function I actually expected it that it will work as you describe. Consulting the manual did help me :)

I agree that an option for first-note based transpose would be handy.

Masi

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines