April 18, 2024, 02:41:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FL Studio - Fader/Encoder Pickup - Keylab Essential 49  (Read 1645 times)

arhetium

• Apprentice
FL Studio - Fader/Encoder Pickup - Keylab Essential 49
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:04:26 pm »
Since Arturia Support is not replying to me and the time I have before returning the Keyboard is running out...

Is there a way to make the Faders and Encoders react across the entire DAW in pickup mode, like in DAW map? So they do not jump immediately upon touching in equalizing situations/3rd party VST usage...? When focusing different VSTs and equalizers, it is not acceptable for the faders and encoders to immediately jump and mess up the whole setting :/
If the faders and encoders can only use pickup mode in the mixer, then there is really no reason for me to use the keyboard, mouse is just faster and more accurate in this case...

My config: WIN10 64bit, FL11/FL20, all midi settings configured according to the DAW command center instructions, MCC swept through and various options tested
... but maybe I am missing something
Any help would be appreciated...

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:09:12 pm by arhetium »

gphantom

Re: FL Studio - Fader/Encoder Pickup - Keylab Essential 49
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:15:13 pm »
Your best bet is to contact Arturia's Support page directly.  They are not always reading the posts here.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:35:44 pm »
I can add this thought.
Shall and does FL Studio support a feature like Pickup? If FL studio does, then perhaps you need to do something in FL Studio before it can work.
Perhaps that's something to investigate.

arhetium

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 08:17:28 pm »
Well - it does support pickup, in the mixer, as DAW map in the keylab essential certainly uses pickup mode correctly there. What boggles my mind is that I can't find any info about enabling it elsewhere across the DAW. Not in the FL manual/options, almost nobody seems to even mention pickup, or, as I assume it is also called "soft takeover" (although I might be wrong on this one) so I'm puzzled and desperate.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 08:40:43 pm »
Well - it does support pickup, in the mixer, as DAW map in the keylab essential certainly uses pickup mode correctly there. What boggles my mind is that I can't find any info about enabling it elsewhere across the DAW. Not in the FL manual/options, almost nobody seems to even mention pickup, or, as I assume it is also called "soft takeover" (although I might be wrong on this one) so I'm puzzled and desperate.
Then do as gphantom suggested and contact Arturia support.
I can also suggest, that you contact Image-line/ DAW support, as the culprit might be located there.

arhetium

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 08:42:50 pm »
I have already contacted the Arturia support team, and have just received a reply, but this particular issue has not been adressed in the response, so I replied again and am currently waiting.

Bswett

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 01:28:00 am »
Well, someone in Arturia should be watching and answering this forums! Why else should they host them in their site then?
Plus this is not only arhetuims problem. This is all users problem that renders the “lab” part of the keylab pretty useless, unless you’re just sticking to Arturia plugins.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines