April 18, 2024, 04:39:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP midi to Minilogue xd  (Read 1071 times)

madtraffick

• Apprentice
BSP midi to Minilogue xd
« on: November 16, 2019, 11:55:57 pm »
Hey all,
Anyone using the BSP to control the Minilogue XD sequencer? I can’t find that much on it. All I want to do is have the BSP Play button to start the sequencer on the Minilogue xd. Sounds super simple but haven’t been able to do it. It’s probably more of a Minilogue xd topic but I have those settings correct, I think, as per the manual. Any help or experience on the issue much appreciated!

Thanks

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP midi to Minilogue xd
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 02:50:52 am »
I have a vague recollection of there being some issue with the minilogue transport from browsing the Korg Forums ( http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/index.php ) though I may be wrong (I don't own one).  Maybe check there for any tips/issues with running one from an external clock and transport.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Tom Berckley

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 03:43:09 pm »
I'm using a Monologue so I'm not sure if this will help, but with the MIDI out of the BSP connected to the MIDI in of the Monologue, I wanted the opposite to happen; for the BSP to NOT start the Minilogue sequencer. The way I did that is by going into the Global Settings on the Monologue and turning off 'Enable RX Transport'. I assume you'd want to turn that on if it's not already. Hope that helps!  :)

fisyx

• Apprentice
    • Fisyx
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 08:16:49 pm »
I have a Minilogue and the solution is the same: Enable RX Transport On/Off.
If On, the sequence starts, if Off it doesn't.

On my Roland TR-8 drum machine I actually have the transport On, but with the a blank sequence, so it plays nothing.  The reason for this isthe  scatter function will work on the notes triggered from the BeatStep Pro.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines